Sign in to follow this  
JoeD

In your oppinion, the best alround dog

Lets throw this into the mix, what does a gundog actually do that is so hard and that a well bred lurcher is incapable of??.

Find game, I would expect a lurcher to find game..

Flush game, as above but obviously is required to catch it rather than flush it . Drop to shot my lurchers did or rather could if that's what I wished..My preference would be that they pinned it before it went anywhere, obviously not a desirable trait in a gundog.

Retrieve, again a quality I would insist on in a lurcher, and wouldn't tax a well bred lurcher..

.The debate could go on forever, for every wayward useless lurcher I've seen, I've seen a gundog the same, we've came full circle here, so a question to any gundog owner, what do you actually think a gundog could do that a well bred lurcher couldn't??.

But theres nobody here saying the lurcher is uesless, its use lads trying to push saying the lurcher is as good as a Lab/Spaniel at Gundog work when thats incorrect. I reckon a Lurcher couldn't go deep back into a wood to look for an injured bird without the owner worrying a deer pops up and its gets coursed across the field infront of a load of guns, i've yet to see any lurcher that works hand signals like a proper gundog( not seen it but wont dismiss it cant be done), i think a lurcher w hereould struggle wildfowling at freezing temps', i've yet to see a lurcher that bashes brambles aside like they are not there and i'm yet to see a soft mouthed one on feather game.................. :thumbs:

come down here. i agree on a few bits of the above post however i can disprove the bramble,hand signals and the soft mouthed bits :yes: and ive done the lurcher chasing deer and fox infront of the guns bit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: feeeeenton :laugh:

If you fancy it I am more than happy to put on a rough day next season for you and lab so we can prove it either way :thumbs:

, we where to be shown how much better lurchers are than gundogs this past season but stewie bottled it :whistling:

In all fairness and as much as it grives me to say i have seen paulas`s dog with my own eyes and it dos do some cover and will enter light bramble even if it can see there`s nothing there.......not got the finess or speed of a spaniel and the claims it has well rather you then me..... i dont think the day out will come of by ay means :icon_redface: but if it dose put a true acount of the day up.......... :toast: good look that dog :thumbs:

There we have it then lads and im up for it with my yellow bitch, infact ive a patterdale bitch that will show up and has shown up a few dogs in the line/picking up IF theres no occupied earths nearby as its :bye: and see you later if there is :thumbs:

infact, i will sort the occasion on my shoot :yes:

allsorts of covers, including 2 lakes and a 3 miles stretch of the river kennet :toast:

money and mouth then lads?? :drinks:

any afternoon next week/next weekend down here roost shooting pigeons in a 14 acre wood if your up for it :thumbs: here is trip from jan with another member off here

http://www.thehuntin...enerous-member/

Pmsl

you have chosen the 'ignore your internet stalker button' all post will be directed to an appropriate advisor :laugh:

take it you will be standing on the hedg line 200/300yards away and sending them one at a time ye and then you can have afew blind retrivs that way if you mate a shit shot on the day you will still get to send them .......and then a bit of bushing..........most dogs will go in its the staying in .....

take it you will be standing on the hedg line 200/300yards away and sending them one at a time ye and then you can have afew blind retrivs that way if you mate a shit shot on the day you will still get to send them .......and then a bit of bushing..........most dogs will go in its the staying in .....

you have chosen the 'ignore your internet stalker button' all post will be directed to an appropriate advisor :laugh:

its was for earth :laugh:

Earth i take it you will be standing on the hedg line 200/300yards away and sending them one at a time ye and then you can have afew blind retrivs that way if you mate a shit shot on the day you will still get to send them .......and then a bit of bushing..........most dogs will go in its the staying in .....

you changed it :laugh:you have chosen the 'ignore your internet stalker button' all post will be directed to an appropriate advisor :laugh:

you changed it :laugh:you have chosen the 'ignore your internet stalker button' all post will be directed to an appropriate advisor :laugh:

lol

lol

and just to ad i dont think roost shooting is a test for any dog ............atb x38
  • Like 1

and just to ad i dont think roost shooting is a test for any dog ............atb x38

well that was a fecking long read... my vote is for a labradoodle!!!! .... :tongue2: in reality I love my labs big daft things haha plus they vertually train them self with guidance haha

well that was a fecking long read... my vote is for a labradoodle!!!! .... :tongue2: in reality I love my labs big daft things haha plus they vertually train them self with guidance haha

even blind people can train them iv seen loads doing it :D

huh!!! Mocking the blind now...... You bloody lurcher men......:-)
  • Like 2

huh!!! Mocking the blind now...... You bloody lurcher men......:-)

:D

Has the stalker gone quiet Paulus? Just as well - his last few posts were nonsensical, borderline defamatory.