HW97K .22 OR .177

I AM LOOKING AT BUYING A WEIHRAUCH HW97K FOR HUNTING SMALL GAME SUCH AS RABBITS, SQUIRRELS,PIGEONS, PHEASENTS. I THINK I HAVE CHOSEN A GUN THAT IS ACCURATE AND POWERFUL AND VERY ROBUST. AND I AM NOW LOOKING INTO WHICH CALIBRE?? I CURRENTLY OWN A WEBLEY XOCET .22 WHICH IS GOOD FOR 30M. AM LOOKING FOR ACCURACY AND KNOCKDOWN POWER! PLZ CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE?

Hi 19powpell90.

First off mate, hit your caps lock key on your keyboard so you ain't shouting in capitals! Thank you! :thumbs:

Right, if you are used to shooting .22 at thirty metres you'll love the 97k in this calibre. But .177 is equally effective in the right spot; through the brain! :gunsmilie:

.177 will give you some great long range accuracy for target shooting with this rifle as well as an effective hunting round.

But it's a beauty of a hunter in .22.

ATB

Simon

i have had an email off a guy on here selling a .22 hw97k mk1, and i am just wondering what the accuracy is like on these and will i see a difference between my .22 webley xocet??

also i was set on a .177 but just wondered will i see a big difference between .22 and .177 between 20 - 40yds???

i bought a new hw97k yesterday and went out yesterday and zeroed in the scope at about 30 yards and was grouping around 10mm and then went on to headshot 3 crows at a good distance. .177 is dead accurate, maybe not as good punching power as .22 but i prefer placement over knock down.

Its great i love it! Still messing aroumd with different pellets but will get there. Its got a nice 3-9x50 hawke scope, put my bipod on it this morn, will take it out 2moz to see how accurate it is with the bipod as ppl have sed on here that it can make it less accurate on springers! Also have ordered laser + lamp kit, and gnib gold engraved trigger guard and safety catch - if ppl have fitted any of these please let me knw how it went.