Tench Regulators?

Hi All.

Just a quick word of advise...................... speaking from experience.

No matter who regulates your rifle......when you get it back, beg, steal, or borrow a chronograph, and check the rifles ftlb reading before you take the rifle out, do not take it for granted that all is well.

Bill.

Hi All.

No matter who regulates your rifle......when you get it back, beg, steal, or borrow a chronograph, and check the rifles ftlb reading before you take the rifle out, do not take it for granted that all is well.

Bill.

darrin at xtx assured me after a reg the gun will be chrono'd and set to a sub 12lb figure which should ensure that no matter what pellet is used it will come withi legal limit.

Think this is confirmed within the information on the website

www.xtxair.co.uk/

hi jasp,

tench converted my old R10 from .177 to .20, he was a top fella to deal with mate :thumbs: and you can get a load of feedback about his work on the bsa owners group site about him

all the best, wurz

.20 is a good calibre ive got an fac rapid 12. although i do struggle to get heavy pellets in 20 cal.

Jasper, I had my AA410 regulated by Tench. He can supply a regulator but there is more to getting the best out of it. The valves and spring tension are altered and tuned to the regulator setting. I took him my rifle and he did the regulator fitting, but also did some work on the valving and hammer spring tension to make sure everything was harmonised. he does set the rifle up to ensure it is legal too - uses heavy pellets to check it doesn't go over afterwards.

From the sweet spot on the standard AA410 of around 60 shots, I can now fill to 210 bar and get consistent shots from number 1 right down to about 100 bar. The regulator feeds the firing cycle with air at 95bar, so I now get around 120 sweet spot shots (because the entire charge is "at the sweet spot"). More consistent, more shots without having a gurt buddy bottle. Worth every penny.

• Like 1

Hi All.

Bill.

darrin at xtx assured me after a reg the gun will be chrono'd and set to a sub 12lb figure which should ensure that no matter what pellet is used it will come withi legal limit.

Think this is confirmed within the information on the website

www.xtxair.co.uk/

As I said.....I speak from personal experience, and stick by what I said.

Be sure to check your rifles, its your resposibility no one elses.

If you get pulled with a rifle over the 12ftlbs, its no good saying to the judge......Oh I was told my rifle was legal by the guy who tuned it for me.....so I took it for granted, and did not check it myself!!

Wether you do, or dont, is up to you, but I strongly advise it.

Bill.

How much did the conversion cost if you don't mind me asking

i cant remember exactly rob, but it included a new barrel(donated from a rapid and a fair bit of fettling, but it was done at a very fair price as i recall mate.

cheers, wurz