horses and pheasants

Well here is the thing, Horse Riders have right responsible to access whether you like or not read the outdoor access code for where you stand as landowner or land manager and where the public stand whether they are walking or horse riding or whatever they have right of access to enjoy the countryside as much as anyone.

As others have said if you talk reasonably with people they would likely work with you, this were all the power hungry freaks really fall down because they are completely unreasonable, making outlandish statements, totally exaggerating the level of disturbance to game when in reality the disturbance is minimal to none.

You can even make good use of folk riding, walking etc to 'dog' birds back from boundaries etc by simply asking people if would mind doing there route in reverse or suggesting reasonable alternatives.

As for the not being able to stop of a drive, what load of crap. Sure you can't just instantly stop birds flushing, but you can all stop in line just to give a window of opportunity to allow the riders to get clear. Nothing would guaranteed but at least it would be courteous to try.

But the real fact of the matter is that most pheasants or deer don't even bat an eyelid at horse riders, the reality is the disturbance thing blown completely out of proportion as an excuse to keep people of land.

Well written but utter tosh...... :yes:

Later in the season the noise of people talking is enough to empty a drive of birds, simple as that. FACT!!!!

And here lies the problem........this right to roam pish, shocking :censored: When someone is asked not to go somewhere they should respect the wishes of the land owner, whether its on a horse or on foot. More so in the shooting season.

There are plenty of folk out there who ride horses that are quite happy to come and go with landowners/keepers and there are plenty who want to push forward the law, which is wrong in my eyes :thumbdown:

Oh and i'd really like to see you stop a shoot of a decent size half way through when flushing, why should you want to anyway. If i had a horse that was frightened of gunshot then i would be nowhere near a shooting estate.

Well the estates I worked on where as big and commercial as they come especially the last place I worked on so I think I know what I am talking about thanks all the same.

If too many birds flush you stop every man or dog moving, talking, tapping sticking etc till the flush stops and the birds settle and inevitable they will and that is a fact.

Your trying to tell me what birds do and don't do when they have been my full time ocupation and life, just like all these wannabe keepers tried do when I've had run ins with them when I've been either out walking or riding. It just does not wash with me, I know when someone is talking crap or not when it comes to pheasants and roe. 90% of what Keepers say to the public to keep them off the land is nonsense nothing more than wildly exagerated excuses.

The old days are long gone better move with the times.

The simple fact is though if every c**t stayed on the footpaths then keepers wouldn't need to say f**k all to them :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:protest: Wrong again dip shit, I have all the paperwork from NATURAL ENGLAND. regarding the law on horse riders- Footpaths- access etc :ha ha: and you have no access rights to go anywhere that is not a bridal path without the land owners permission so stick your head back up your horses arse where it belongs as you and your fellow riders are not wanted :wankerzo4: :feck:

Well here is the thing, Horse Riders have right responsible to access whether you like or not read the outdoor access code for where you stand as landowner or land manager and where the public stand whether they are walking or horse riding or whatever they have right of access to enjoy the countryside as much as anyone.

As others have said if you talk reasonably with people they would likely work with you, this were all the power hungry freaks really fall down because they are completely unreasonable, making outlandish statements, totally exaggerating the level of disturbance to game when in reality the disturbance is minimal to none.

You can even make good use of folk riding, walking etc to 'dog' birds back from boundaries etc by simply asking people if would mind doing there route in reverse or suggesting reasonable alternatives.

As for the not being able to stop of a drive, what load of crap. Sure you can't just instantly stop birds flushing, but you can all stop in line just to give a window of opportunity to allow the riders to get clear. Nothing would guaranteed but at least it would be courteous to try.

But the real fact of the matter is that most pheasants or deer don't even bat an eyelid at horse riders, the reality is the disturbance thing blown completely out of proportion as an excuse to keep people of land.

Access to farms and country estates

Visitors should always check to see whether they have a right to walk or ride on private farmland and country estates.

As well as the public rights of way and open access land available for all to enjoy, some landowners may provide permissive access to their land for walking, cycling or horseriding. Permissive access means access is given by permission of the landowner rather than as a public right.

Some permissive access is funded through Environmental Stewardship, which is an agri-environment scheme providing funding to farmers and other land managers in England who deliver effective environmental management on their land.

The Conservation Walks Register gives details of access to land as part of agri-environment schemes. In addition, there are leaflets describing a number of countryside walks and rides in our Publications Catalogue.

Permissive access is also available for some land of outstanding scenic or scientific interest that is conditionally exempt from inheritance tax. HM Revenue & Customs provides a searchable directory of such property, and includes details of public rights of way and permissive access.

Educational access is provided on some farms. This is mostly aimed at school parties, but can be for family or other groups by arrangement.

The Forestry Commission provides information on where to go and what you can do in Forestry Commission woods.

seems natural england have it sussed No permission No riding :thumbs:

Edited by danw

:thumbs: Thanks for putting that info on mate :angel: I hope the turd horse rider will read it though I wont hold my breath if he is like the ones around me, who would just say it doesn't mean me :wallbash:

Access to farms and country estates

Visitors should always check to see whether they have a right to walk or ride on private farmland and country estates.

As well as the public rights of way and open access land available for all to enjoy, some landowners may provide permissive access to their land for walking, cycling or horseriding. Permissive access means access is given by permission of the landowner rather than as a public right.

Some permissive access is funded through Environmental Stewardship, which is an agri-environment scheme providing funding to farmers and other land managers in England who deliver effective environmental management on their land.

The Conservation Walks Register gives details of access to land as part of agri-environment schemes. In addition, there are leaflets describing a number of countryside walks and rides in our Publications Catalogue.

Permissive access is also available for some land of outstanding scenic or scientific interest that is conditionally exempt from inheritance tax. HM Revenue & Customs provides a searchable directory of such property, and includes details of public rights of way and permissive access.

Educational access is provided on some farms. This is mostly aimed at school parties, but can be for family or other groups by arrangement.

The Forestry Commission provides information on where to go and what you can do in Forestry Commission woods.

seems natural england have it sussed No permission No riding :thumbs:

Clearly English law is very different to Scotland in this respect. Being that I am in Scotland I do have right to responsible access so no miller this does not apply to me.

And I ain't just a horse rider I hunt more than I ride, I'm just not so selfish as to not consider others right to enjoy the countryside without undue harassment.

Are you saying people walking or on horseback riding past drives wont move on birds........

I'm saying horse riding from my experience disturbs pheasants far less than walkers and so long as it isn't steady traffic of people passing through no more than a handful of birds will actually take flight or move any great distance at all, they simple take cover and carry on once the 'disturbance' has passed. There is certainly not a mass permanent displacement of birds.

Yet some would put a persons life in danger over the fact that a bird or 2 may have left one woodside and flown to another.

Edited by Saluqihounds

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-practice/horses-and-shoots.cfm

Better swat up you so called keepers :whistling:

Most riders will happily oblige :thumbs:

All of that only applies to where horses riders have a legal right to be and lets be quite clear the BASC code of practice is NOT the law. I don't know any keepers who have read or would give a f**k about what their code says :thumbs:

All of that only applies to where horses riders have a legal right to be and lets be quite clear the BASC code of practice is NOT the law. I don't know any keepers who have read or would give a f**k about what their code says :thumbs:

:blink: so You will happly endorse such a behavour? in the vincinty of Horses? You really are trying to shoot your self in the foot there :laugh::doh:

and where does it say DOES NOT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT?

:blink: so You will happly endorse such a behavour? in the vincinty of Horses? You really are trying to shoot your self in the foot there :laugh::doh:

If a horse rider trespasses and I am shooting I am not stopping for them END of and to be honest who would be the irresponsible one me for continuing to shoot or the rider for putting themselves in that situation?

As I said if the riders stick to the areas that they are legally entitled to be then there would be no problem would there but to many c**ts think they can walk/ride where they please.I guess I must be mad to think that land that has been bought by someone and has no rights of way on it should be their sole preserve and that no one else should be on it :blink:

As for shooting myself in the foot hows that then?

If a horse rider trespasses and I am shooting I am not stopping for them END of and to be honest who would be the irresponsible one me for continuing to shoot or the rider for putting themselves in that situation?

As I said if the riders stick to the areas that they are legally entitled to be then there would be no problem would there but to many c**ts think they can walk/ride where they please.I guess I must be mad to think that land that has been bought by someone and has no rights of way on it should be their sole preserve and that no one else should be on it :blink:

Do You own the land?

Do You own the land?

I am employed by the landowner and my duties include estate security and direction of the private security firm who run the night patrols my employer takes his security very seriously :thumbs:

So do you own a horse and are you condoning trespass?And how have I shot my self in the foot?

Do You Hold a FAC? i dont have any horses now they were sent to Hounds, My Old Mare was 37. I was avid Foxhunter

and i am not keen on the direction in which you THINK this is heading.

My Family were/ are shooters not me tho :laugh: and my brother and i WERE hare courses. Now i am just an average lurcher owner. It is not my intention to split shooters with the Hunting scene, when one should be sticking together :thumbs:

I ask You this Dan, if your Land owner is security conscious how come ANY body is gettin close to the land? :blink: Would Your employer endorse using fire arms against intruders?

However i cannot condone Your attitude towards Horses, wether they are even coming close.....

i will hold my reserve on shot in the foot :whistling:

Do You Hold a FAC? i dont have any horses now they were sent to Hounds, My Old Mare was 37. I was avid Foxhunter

and i am not keen on the direction in which you THINK this is heading.

My Family were/ are shooters not me tho :laugh: and my brother and i WERE hare courses. Now i am just an average lurcher owner. It is not my intention to split shooters with the Hunting scene, when one should be sticking together :thumbs:

I ask You this Dan, if your Land owner is security conscious how come ANY body is gettin close to the land? :blink: Would Your employer endorse using fire arms against intruders?

However i cannot condone Your attitude towards Horses, wether they are even coming close.....

i will hold my reserve on shot in the foot :whistling:

No body does get close to the main house without being stopped, if you care to read the thread from the start you will find that another member is having problems with horses I personally don't care if you trespass on a horse or on foot makes no difference to me cause it won't be here :thumbs:

My question still remains unanswered do you condone trespass?

yes Dan i have read the whole thread but you seem the one quite happy in your actions to Possibly cause an accident

You are expecting me to fill in missing blanks here, above and beyond even a seer like Me :angel:

and no i have not trespassed on your land have i? :blink: