picked up....a little

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well on a cold night and after a visit from the 'professional' pest controler things picked up a little. the owner did give the 'pro' a mouthfull asking him why when he is paying him i have managed t

so what exactly is your recovery rate mate?

Cheers Half for the nice comment about my video clips ,   I too like a crack and a laugh buddy .   Believe me though buddy that there are a lot of lads on here that are also out, and doing wh

Posted Images

The colds gonna bring in more of em for yah :yes:

How many couldn't you retrieve today :tongue2:

Good going again buddy :clapper:

Looks like you cut one 's throat rather than shot it :boogie:

SPA :thumbs:

Phantom

funny thing is phantom i shot eight and managed to retrieve all eight bodies.

i've achieved the unachievable there mate have i not. :whistling:

So things aint picking up for you then?

When you said "Picked up....a little" I didn't realize you were talking about the baby on the top row :11:

Its a crying shame we are not allowed into the actual pens or climb up onto the roofs of the pig sheds :thumbdown:

Our recovery rate would skyrocket :boogie:

Phantom

So things aint picking up for you then?

When you said "Picked up....a little" I didn't realize you were talking about the baby on the top row :11:

Its a crying shame we are not allowed into the actual pens or climb up onto the roofs of the pig sheds :thumbdown:

Our recovery rate would skyrocket :boogie:

Phantom

• Like 1

As most of mine are shot at the far end of the pens that we are not allowed to enter or along the (what I affectionately name the R1 Highway) guttering between the Fattening sheds and the Farrowing Shed, its very low :(

Going by the number of pellets left in my jacket (I always start with 40 for the PCP) after last night, I had 30 shots, I deffinately missed 6 of them :icon_redface:

Recovery was very poor :icon_redface:

Dillan; (after we sorted out a problem with his 100 began to bag up again), I don't know how may he shot, but he had a fair few judging by the multiple blood splatter marks around a couple of the open drains :thumbs:

The Farm manager is well chuffed with our efforts :boogie:

He's the one who goes round with the propper PPE collecting the bodies we leave in the pens.

I can't be assed to do a seperate thread, so heres the pix of the few recoveries for you. You will notice the smallest is a little 'flat' looking, that is the one that went under my right size 10

Group shot (poor 6 recovered)

DSC03719.jpg

Close up of the deflated one

DSC03720.jpg

Second Largest of the night

(biggest fell down a drain after being shot in the chest)

DSC03717.jpg

Close up so you can see the size against the measure

Just under 18.5 inch

DSC03718.jpg

The other two medium/largeish measured a tad over the 18 inch

Now can I have the 2nd SP back please as I hit the "+" by accident

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

As most of mine are shot at the far end of the pens that we are not allowed to enter or along the (what I affectionately name the R1 Highway) guttering between the Fattening sheds and the Farrowing Shed, its very low :(

Going by the number of pellets left in my jacket (I always start with 40 for the PCP) after last night, I had 30 shots, I deffinately missed 6 of them :icon_redface:

Dillan; (after we sorted out a problem with his 100 began to bag up again), I don't know how may he shot, but he had a fair few judging by the multiple blood splatter marks around a couple of the open drains :thumbs:

He's the one who goes round with the propper PPE collecting the bodies we leave in the pens.

I can't be assed to do a seperate thread, so heres the pix of the few recoveries for you. You will notice the smallest is a little 'flat' looking, that is the one that went under my right size 10

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

Just under 18.5 inch

DSC03718.jpg

Phantom

i personaly find shot rats that aren't picked up promptly in pig pens don't need picking up next day as the pigs eat them.

I find these rat posts really cool.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to rat shooting, its been a quick and steep learning curve this Summer just gone for me.

Only normally done a bit here and there but not loads, but I'm with Tony here.

Out of the ones I shot Summer just gone and that was lots I only probably managed to collect maybe 50 to 70 percent of them due to different reasons.

Some may say that if I didn't collect the bodies then it doesn't count, well that's fair enough but I know that when I put 16 grains of lead in a rats KZ it's dead body collected or not.

Anyway just got to say rats are now my favourite air gun quarry, it's addictive shooting.

Si

I find these rat posts really cool.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to rat shooting, its been a quick and steep learning curve this Summer just gone for me.

Only normally done a bit here and there but not loads, but I'm with Tony here.

Out of the ones I shot Summer just gone and that was lots I only probably managed to collect maybe 50 to 70 percent of them due to different reasons.

Some may say that if I didn't collect the bodies then it doesn't count, well that's fair enough but I know that when I put 16 grains of lead in a rats KZ it's dead body collected or not.

Anyway just got to say rats are now my favourite air gun quarry, it's addictive shooting.

Si

well there's one thing we can agree on,rat shooting is adictive :thumbs:

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

Just under 18.5 inch

DSC03718.jpg

Phantom

never really thought about measuring the rats i shoot mate,i'm too busy counting the amount :tongue2:

gottcha :feck:

Half your a funny chap buddy :laugh: .

You make me smile :) .

We need hunters like you in the section to give us some moral :notworthy: .

I'd love to go out shooting with you buddy one day, from how you are I'm sure that I'd learn so much from you bud :thumbs: .

Maybe if you get the invite to the next meet we can shoot together pal, would be fun.

Who knows I might even surprise myself and teach you something new :o .

Atb

Si

Edited by zini