What Binoculars?

What make of binoculars?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What make of binoculars do you use?

Swarovski EL's, best binoculars out there.

i went for the 8x32 in the ES's i think that they are by far the best out there :victory: glad that i got mine a good few years ago tho as they ant half gone up in price :icon_eek: :icon_eek: all most double [bANNED TEXT] i payed for mine :o

I did a lot of internet research a couple of years ago in to binos, pros and cons of different lens sizes and compactness etc and came up with one particular brand and model that I thought would suit my needs.

Last year I was at the Anglesey show and came across the usual bino stand selling his wares, low and behold he had the exact make and model that I had earmarked to buy some day, and the price was even cheaper than offers on the internet because they were in a 'desert sand' colour that was only popular with the military.

The binos????

Vortex Diamondback 8x28 - fantastic glass that has very good light transmission even at dawn/dusk, light, compact, rubber armoured, waterproof and fog proof. I love em :thumbs:

Vortex

Im seriouslly thinking of getting a Vortex rifle scope, but as always need to do a bit of research first.

i have pair of vortex crossfire 8x42 have been very good 3rd season now i like them but i wouldnt half mind some swarovski's

Edited by dirty twister
  • 4 weeks later...

Give a thought to binoculars with built in image stabiliser. They don't come cheap but they are amazing.

I have trouble holding binoculars with higher magnifications (x8 or more) steady.

Add an inmage stabiliser, press a button and it just locks on rock solid even at 12x or 15x

Canon have excellent bright lenses with a really flat image.

At least try them before making the decision.

Les

Swarovski the only bino's you will ever need !

Don't go small for low light in any binos [ don't belive the BULL ]i have some 10x30 slc's and they are brilliant in the day but compaired to my 8x42 swaro's they are poor at low light or in the dark .

I aways smile when i hear that someone has a pair of 9 x 27 hockey cokey specials that are as good as or Better than swarovski, Zeiss or leica.

Bite the bullet save your cash and buy one of those three you will even get your money back should you ever sell them ! Crap glass is next to useless and is why it is cheap to buy and worthless secondhand.

ATB

Coldweld

Edited by coldweld

Just seen Minox 10 x 42 £ 210 inc Del !

So yes i bet they are the same as Swaro's :whistling: do they have the same 30 year warrenty ?

[,

Yes they do have a thirty year warrenty, and I did say nearly, you get another ten mins of light with your swaros (the ones I have seen), mine were £400 so not sure what model you have seen might be same, or not. I got mine from R McLeod & son, they were good to deal with

Opticron bought mine from a local dealer gave me a pair swaro's and leica's and the opticrons in 8x32 so little difference between them saved a £1000 and bought the opticrons and they were only £120.00.

paul

I'd also suggest you try a pair of Opticrons, and compare them to the others you're looking at, you'll be surprised. Got an 8x42 BGA SE iMagic pair and find them fantastic, I think they were £329 when I bought them.