• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Le Chameau Mouflon, I’ve had mine 5 years and not a drop of water through them and still going.

however the leather has cracked a bit on the toe crease which I have seen on a few pair, whether that’s down to bad maintenance or just how there go after 5 hard years.

I would certainly buy another pair.

Matt

Hi all

Le Chameau Mouflon, I’ve had mine 5 years and not a drop of water through them and still going.

however the leather has cracked a bit on the toe crease which I have seen on a few pair, whether that’s down to bad maintenance or just how there go after 5 hard years.

Matt

You must of got one of the good pairs.

I had mine for 1 seasons digging and they literally disintegrated. Now held together with superglue.

Im wearing black islanders at the moment and they are a much better boot. The covering is peeling a wee bit but still 100% waterproof.

Meindles would be my second choice.

FTB

Hi all

Le Chameau Mouflon, I've had mine 5 years and not a drop of water through them and still going.

however the leather has cracked a bit on the toe crease which I have seen on a few pair, whether that's down to bad maintenance or just how there go after 5 hard years.

Matt

I had mine for 1 seasons digging and they literally disintegrated. Now held together with superglue.

Im wearing black islanders at the moment and they are a much better boot. The covering is peeling a wee bit but still 100% waterproof.

yes ive read some not so good reviews too,but mine have just lasted for ages and get some use.

matt

FTB

Hi all

Le Chameau Mouflon, I've had mine 5 years and not a drop of water through them and still going.

however the leather has cracked a bit on the toe crease which I have seen on a few pair, whether that's down to bad maintenance or just how there go after 5 hard years.

Matt

yes ive read some not so good reviews too,but mine have just lasted for ages and get some use.

matt

FTB

Nice one. Hopefully they keep strong for you.

TBH mine were heavily grafted (abused more like) from digging so I wouldn't expect much more from them.

FTB

i have a pair of lowa boots only had them a couple of month happy with them so far great on the hills and fields but not so good on tarmac after walking on it for a while and hold the water out great unless you go too deep and if feet do get wet they stay warm and comfy

not bad boots for £150

i have to change my oppinions of these boots

what i have are lowa gortex blah blah well at the start they were great real comfy and well water proof and good quality

a few month down the line since getting them in april/may and only had minimal use untill the start of the season and now they are as good as fooked

the leather all cracked and now has opened up 2 small holes

i have looked after these boots really well with cleaning drying polishing and dubbin and they are falling to bits

still very comfy and warm on your feet but as the outside is concerned they are not a quality boot