my treat just arrived

:D ime well chuffed thought id get myself a new gun and scope to add to the collection(thats 2 now lol) so i decided on a bsa lightning xl .22 and a tasco 3-9x40 scope with illuminated green/red ret, its the nuts,,,,and just to push the boat out a bisley cleaning kitt and wait for it some accupels lol no more cheep smk spitfires for me :laugh:..just got to get out and zero it in as i tried it out in my garden and its well out....if any off you out there are after a new gun try uttings www.uttings.com they were the cheapest i could fined also i orderd it weds night and got it this morning great servise B) bulls

picture213pz7.jpg

Edited by bullsmilk

Poor pic i know, i but ive just got a Tactical XL.

Picture219.jpg

My first rifle, i really like it and after a fair bit of practice im pretty good withg at around 30-35 yards, maybe a tennis ball area on 5 shots. I know its nothing special but what should i be trying for with this gun?

Poor pic i know, i but ive just got a Tactical XL.

Picture219.jpg

My first rifle, i really like it and after a fair bit of practice im pretty good withg at around 30-35 yards, maybe a tennis ball area on 5 shots. I know its nothing special but what should i be trying for with this gun?

You want want to try and get them with about a 50p sort of size, thats if you intent to shoot live quarry. Firsty you should be trying to get groups, dont worry if its in the center of the target, as long as all the pellets are landing very close to each other, then you can go about geting the gun at perfect zero.

I considering buying that rifle, just gotta get some cash.

And btw a fun way to practise is to try and shoot cocktail sticks out the ground (its f*****g hard!)

Quick update......

Been doing a bit of shooting at a freinds indoor range hes got set up in an old chicken shed.

Have been managing to put groups of 5 shots in to a ping pong ball size space at 35 yards :)

Have bought a tin of Air Arms Fields, they seem to have helped a lot. W hat do the rest of you think of these pellets?