Hi Andy.

I can appreciate the dilemma mate. Your rifle here is the basic HW35. The HW35E that I owned, had a chequered grip and is the more sought after, though the metalworks and barrel are just the same. A mint condition HW35E seems to average £100 -£120. What your rifle is though, is one of the early originals and they tend to have been better made than later models that don't always benefit from more modern production manufacturing techniques.

I'd hang on to it a bit longer or display it in the shop and wait for a knowledgeable shooter to spot it and get him into conversation. He may be just the type of fellow you want it to go to, and an agreeable sum exchanged for it.

Hope it works out for you mate, but in all honesty, if this was a left hander of mine, it wouldn't be for sale.

Cheers mate

Simon

Hi Andy.

I can appreciate the dilemma mate. Your rifle here is the basic HW35. The HW35E that I owned, had a chequered grip and is the more sought after, though the metalworks and barrel are just the same. A mint condition HW35E seems to average £100 -£120. What your rifle is though, is one of the early originals and they tend to have been better made than later models that don't always benefit from more modern production manufacturing techniques.

I'd hang on to it a bit longer or display it in the shop and wait for a knowledgeable shooter to spot it and get him into conversation. He may be just the type of fellow you want it to go to, and an agreeable sum exchanged for it.

Hope it works out for you mate, but in all honesty, if this was a left hander of mine, it wouldn't be for sale.

Cheers mate

Simon

Thanks mate.

i can see that you have a lot of time and love for the hw rifles and i can't falut you for it.

have a load of pics to put up of the strip down and stock so far that i will put up as soon as i can figure out how to resize them, have the softwear just not the brain power, (give me a gun in bits over a laptop any day.

well made you say, you can say that again i have been nothing but impressed with the way she has been built.

have worked on many of the new guns over the years and this old girl will give any of them a run for there money, in fact if i dident no better id say she was a newer rifle..

keep an eye out for the pics pal and i hope they are of aome interest to you.

atb

Andy :thumbs:

Please do Andy when you can mate. I certainly will. I've spent this summer restoring an old HW80K and I'm currently heartset after an HW77 Standard length. You're absolutely right bud, I honestly love Weihrauch air rifles. Their consistent, panzer tank build quality inside and out, heft, length, superbly accurate barrels and that Rekord trigger. I swear you can virtually fine-adjust your zero with setting those triggers to your perfect let-off pull weight. I love em.

A simple turn of a screwdriver and you have it set. I'll never spend £800.00 on a PCP and all that palaver with diver's bottles to get supreme accuracy in a hunting situation. God bless the lads who do, but, they are of no great interest to me.

Chances are you could well have a shooting gem of your own here Andy. Just a feeling. If you really don't have to sell it, why lose it mate? :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

hi there simon.

i have no finacial reason to sell her just would hate to see her at around. but think i will keep hold of her. well untill someone waves some cash under my nose.lol

have a couple of pics hear for you.

as you can see the crack in the stock has closed up very well, more work to be finished tho.

post-49961-0-23914900-1289647547_thumb.jpg

post-49961-0-40676200-1289647566_thumb.jpg

will get some more up later.

atb

Andy

That's a brilliant job on the stock Andy. Really good condition metals, other than the light surface rust we know about. From what I can see of the stock and metal component condition, this rifle seems to have been generally, reasonably well used, and looked after. Not subjected to prolonged, intensive years of hunting in all weathers, but the weekend session in good weather. The incident with the slipped barrel and split stock brought that to an end.

It would be nice to see some closer views of the barrel and cylinder condition Andy, and an overall view both sides of her fully assembled and ready. But a clean, polish and re-lube of the internals and I reckon this rifle will shoot as accurately as the day she was built.

Do you reckon a left hander would have no problem shooting her? :whistling:

Great work mate :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

That's a brilliant job on the stock Andy. Really good condition metals, other than the light surface rust we know about. From what I can see of the stock and metal component condition, this rifle seems to have been generally, reasonably well used, and looked after. Not subjected to prolonged, intensive years of hunting in all weathers, but the weekend session in good weather. The incident with the slipped barrel and split stock brought that to an end.

It would be nice to see some closer views of the barrel and cylinder condition Andy, and an overall view both sides of her fully assembled and ready. But a clean, polish and re-lube of the internals and I reckon this rifle will shoot as accurately as the day she was built.

Do you reckon a left hander would have no problem shooting her? :whistling:

Great work mate :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

thanks pal

i dont think a lefty will have any probs, my mate carl is left handed and he said it feels fine, going to give her a bit of a feild test on sunday and get her zeroed well that and the air arms and the s16s :gunsmilie::hunter: more guns than i can shoot.lol

got her reasembled already an is shooting very smooth,and the trigger is fantastic for an old un.

was thinking when i got her that it was possibly going to be a nightmear and want lots of money and new parts,but thus far shes been a dream and a very good bargin.just wish all the old guns i buy were as good.

hears the trigger per clean,and the per clean close up for you.

post-49961-0-11914700-1289653231_thumb.jpg

post-49961-0-88169200-1289653242_thumb.jpg

atb

Andy