Lamping Kits;

Personal preference...if you lamp mainly rabbits get a laserlite made by cluson, you can use it for fox,etc also but if I was after fox I'd prefer the lightforce striker/blitz the red filter is a lot better as well on this setup in terms of the beam also...

Guest oldskool

yea mate, i got a rigid pack with a blaserlite and the full works, £135... to be honest for the size of the battery (12volt 18amp) i thought the light would last alot longer... recently the battery as stopped takin the charge so i have to go back to my old homemade motorbike battery kit because the price of a replacement battery (depending on where you shop) is between £35-50... the motorbike batt is smaller and lighter to carry plus it will give me nearly 2 nights lamping out of it.... its fully charged after 4 hours on the 12v car charger. the only fault i have with it is that its liable to burn your clothes.... i will get a replacment batt for the carter pack eventually but it didnt last as long as i would have hoped (2 years). the motorbike batt is still going as strong as ever after 4 years and it only cost £15... if you can build a good tidy box to fit it in then i would say the go for the home made kit!!!

Hi,im thinking of getting a lamping kit from Arther Carter,anyone field tested one of these?

Thanks;

i got a lightforce 170 with an over shoulder twin battery pack from cater and a red filter for 140.....works bang on it nocks the socks of my mate's lazerlight and the battery last twice as long :yes:

Guest oldskool
oldskool you say you didnt get long with your new battery from carters was it a deben battery reason i ask is i got a 20amp about a month ago no probs yet i would like to think id get more than 2 years from it :hmm: my 10amp deben ive had it a good number of years and its still going strong

the battery was made by clulite... i think there was a gaurantee with it but i cant find it anywhere :( ... a fella i know as the 18amp 'deben' pack about the same length of time and its still goin strong....

Guest oldskool

when my mate puts his 170 into his deben battery pack it doesnt seem to be running at full power although it lasts for ages the beam seems to be runnin at about 90%???... the light is alot brighter when you put it in the cigarette lighter in the car?? now that the subject of lamping kits has come up i just thought i'd ask why that is??? all connections seem to be good! :hmm:

i use a lightforce lamp never had a problem with it idid take the hundred watt bulb out and put a fiffty in the battery lasts a lot longer and its just as bright as it was . the lazerlite is a good lamp as well handy with the side light. a lot of years ago i got a blue eye lamp it was only about six inch across the lens if that it was a sealed beam unit, and only a low candlepower i cant remember how many but alot things were caught using this lampl ,i often woner if the big lights startle things before you get to them.

Guest oldskool

i think thats why the filters seem to be so successful... to me they are a poor mans dimmer switch.... when i bought the red filter i was told that they work because the quarry cant see the red light... if that is the case then why is it that the quarry of choice looks up when the red light catches it?? :)

i got the blaser and it doesnt seem to have the same range as my mates 170, he fitted a 50watt bulb last night and was still getting more range...

i think thats why the filters seem to be so successful... to me they are a poor mans dimmer switch.... when i bought the red filter i was told that they work because the quarry cant see the red light... if that is the case then why is it that the quarry of choice looks up when the red light catches it?? :)

i got the blaser and it doesnt seem to have the same range as my mates 170, he fitted a 50watt bulb last night and was still getting more range...

its because they can feel the force...the light force youge jedi :D

any one know how long this battery lasts with a lightforce lamp?

http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-item&item=386

and what do people think about the variable lamps made by lightfource?

i pay fourteen pound for a twelve volt seven amp battery at the electric wholesale shop. it makes that one look a bit expensive. you get plenty of lamping time out of them as long as you have the fifty watt bulb in the lamp

I have used a lazerlight and a 7amp battery for a few years now.The battery lasts between 21/2 and 31/2 hours and should be put on the charger as soon as you get home as the longer a cell remains uncharged the less chance it will take a full charge.

It is a myth that animals cannot see the light through a red filter. :no:

A lot of the rabbits my dog catches are with the red filter on.