todays outing

i was up in the borders again fishing today with a few mates the quality of the fish is tip top good hard fighters good tails ,and an average size of about 4 pounds i kept these 3 and returned 4 more ,yes thats hard to believe for me :whistle: :whistle: strong winds as the day went on made it difficult casting but we done ok in the end this is me mates getting stuck in to a 7 pounder cheers til next time rob :hunter:

fishing1Small.jpg

fishing2Small.jpg

thse were my 3 three fish for 15 and a half pound :big_boss:

fishing3Small.jpg

novice its tweedale millenium fishery near haddington and gifford , yep smudge good value reels had them long time still going good it was real windy too spoilt someof the sport but we cant have evreything woodga theres some fish for you too when i see ya :clapper: ,and bro yep gettin good after 20 odd yrs at it :hunter::hunter: ,and for the record they wernt caught on the special :whistle: :whistle: fly , a yellow dancer and one on a black buzzer when the wind died down for a while cheers rob :big_boss:

Good on ya nice looking fish but i would of put them back as they taste like crap... :11: ...or fed the dog's on them :yes: ...

Millet

they do mate but me mam and dad love them so if i put these back its guts for garters :whistle: they reallly like them so i know they going to a good home and woodga too :D cheers rob

:p:p:p

• 1 month later...
Good on ya nice looking fish but i would of put them back as they taste like crap... :11: ...or fed the dog's on them :yes: ...

Millet

they do mate but me mam and dad love them so if i put these back its guts for garters :whistle: they reallly like them so i know they going to a good home and woodga too :D cheers rob

:p:p:p

20 mins from house never fished it but its always busy i prefer sea angling or netting used to rabbit up there good land at one time all the best

They are good reels them lc leedas arent they rob. I got three o them :D Was it windy up there. I was fishin yesterday and nearly got blown away :blink: got one trout that was 3lb 13 but the tail was shite :11:

Smudge

wots the deal about the tails??????????????? do you judge the trout by it's tail????????

sorry about that kiwi just noticed the question , most of the rainbows in this country are stocked not wild, they are grown in lagre quantities together not allowing the tails and fins to fully form , so alot of the stocked stiff is like that ,if you do get a fish which has been in a while the fins fully form and are a much better fight like a paddlke steamer, so fishereies do stock decent fish with good fins but not all hope this helps you out cheers rob :D

Blast from the past I am actualy from Haddington, run manys a hare between Haddington and Gifford. Cant remember there being a stocked fishing pond do you know what farm its on or near?

How much is it? might give it a try next time I am up visiting the family.

Dave