hi guys I fancy a nice digital camera (feel inspired some of the pics I've seen on here).for general dog and wildlife pics .Was thinking of the canon powershot A540 but got no idea of digis at all any advice greatly appreciated

stoaty

Edited by stoaty

Your first major desicion is slr or compact. On the compact side the Nikon Coolpix are about as good as you can buy for clarity, brightness and colour. On the slr side the new (relatively) cheap Canon's are excellent value...if your looking at spending more than this you need to serviously look into it.

A cracking website for camera reviews and comparisons is www.dpreview.com. ephotozine is another good website but just on techniques and some reviews etc...basiclly an online digital camera magazine.

Happy hunting!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest world.hunters

they are good cameras

have you tried putting the ISO speed up and maybe the settings in the shutter mode (i think its called that its the S ) and putting the settings up in that.

im not sure if im correct its just what i have been doing when messing about with it after reading the manual which is also very usefull.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/search.a...5600&forum=1012

that link has some info on it aswell theres loads of good photos aswell if you look through them

hope this helps

cheers

i took this photo of a tap lol

but it just shows u how good they can be at freezing time

12mu8.jpg

Edited by world.hunters

thanks for the replys guys just got a samsung digimax D103 was half price at pc world so lets hope its ok ? better than the phone ones i hope.this pics with the nokia

Edited by stoaty