Lurcher on run for 13 days

Guest thefirstlurcherbitch

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peakhound

:(:angry: NEARLY had him this morning!

Chap phoned to say he was fast asleep under a tree in a field in Padfield. Hubby and friens went dashing over to try and sneak up on him, armed with home made dog grabber, sardines, and cargo net.

Got within 20yds before he woke up, dodged his way round them and legged it!

So near yet again. The trap is still in place, but no luck with that either yet. Had a mooch around the derelict garage in Hadfield, but had no more sightings there, and it's too open to shut him in.

Last seen this morning going through Tintwistle again, so don't know if he's going to switch areas after being spooked.

He has been on the run for 50 days now!!!!!!!!!

Oh Bugger :( i bet your gutted, i only hope you get him real soon, i cant believe he has been running for nearly 3 months, i think a big hug is in order (((((( :yes: )))))

Keep your chin up i am sure you will get him soon :D

Guest peakhound

Well, Tag is still in the area - been seen around Hadfield/Padfield (Yes, near ANOTHER pub between the 2 villages!) - was there at 9.30 this morning. Varying reports on his condition Mr Peakhound thought he looked lean but fit (2 days ago), coat still shiny, still taking a bit of pride in his appearance! But couple of calls since have described him as really thin. I suppose it depends what type of dogs people are used to dealing with....

At least we know that he's not shot through somewhere else after being spooked again, but god knows what we can do next.

If he's chosing to sleep under a tree in a wide open field I can't see him going into a trap for food!

Thanks again to you all for continued interest - there's a few people would like a few words with him if we get him back, so i'll get one of those ticket machines they have at the supermarket deli, then we can all form an orderly queue!!!!!!

Well, Tag is still in the area - been seen around Hadfield/Padfield (Yes, near ANOTHER pub between the 2 villages!) - was there at 9.30 this morning. Varying reports on his condition Mr Peakhound thought he looked lean but fit (2 days ago), coat still shiny, still taking a bit of pride in his appearance! But couple of calls since have described him as really thin. I suppose it depends what type of dogs people are used to dealing with....

At least we know that he's not shot through somewhere else after being spooked again, but god knows what we can do next.

If he's chosing to sleep under a tree in a wide open field I can't see him going into a trap for food!

Thanks again to you all for continued interest - there's a few people would like a few words with him if we get him back, so i'll get one of those ticket machines they have at the supermarket deli, then we can all form an orderly queue!!!!!!

:( Oh i do hope you get him , its very frustrating just reading about the latest sightings of him & i prey we dont get any real bad weather in the next few weeks, still keeping everything crossed that you get the call to say he has been trapped or you manage to get him yourself :):)

Guest peakhound

Well, nothing much to report, sightings are getting more spread out. Last one was 10.30 monday morning near Woods Hospital in Glossop. This is a small cottage hospital type affair surrounded by park and duck pond.

Also had a call from a lady who was definite he was in Lees,Oldham on sunday morning, but I am not totally convinced.... It is an area where he has been seen before a month ago, the distance is feasible, but the description went along the lines of "was the dog rough or smooth coated?", "oh definitely rough", "not my dog then, cos mines smooth", "well, when isay rough what i mean is kind of smooth" Hmmm, and other things like that!!

As I'm sat typing this the snow is coming down thick and fast, and my sheep are looking up at the window expecting hay at any minute!

I just hope that Tag finds whatever shelter he found in the last snow, but it's been much colder this time.

Help is at hand now though, just waiting for the answer to our prayers to be deposited from the skies. It seems Tag has a fairy godfather - i just hope the b****std realises it and shows up in the right place at the right time!!!

Guest peakhound
had a couple of hours today lookin for him...sorry nowt :no:

Guess you wasn't in hadfield then!!! ha ha!

Good news, Tag has been seen again today in Hadfield at 12.30, on the estate just opposite and up a bit from Glossop caravans (Green Lane/Lower barn Rd). So, at least he's still going, just hope we catch up with him when the cavalry arrive!!

Guest Lurcherbitch

Bad news is...i keep getting reports of dogs that may be him (but are not) so am looking for a few more. :icon_eek:

Peakhound.......this is your fault, your helping me round up all these strays :alcoholic:

Guest peakhound

quote name='Lurcherbitch' date='Feb 8 2007, 04:43 PM' post='189584']

Bad news is...i keep getting reports of dogs that may be him (but are not) so am looking for a few more. :icon_eek:

Peakhound.......this is your fault, your helping me round up all these strays :alcoholic:

LB: Perhaps I've been paid, just to stop you bothering everyone else!.... :clapper:

Come on, who else would invite you over for the weekend to sit out all night(s) looking for a dog to appear; involve you in a car accident; get you snowed in (involving food and drink at the finest hostelry in my village - in fact, the ONLY one!!); leave you at the mercy of a rampant black cock, and STILL invite you back for more: THAT'S FRIENDS FOR YOU :drink::D

While you're rounding up strays don't forget the one in Lees - Rough/smooth looked identical to greengrasses dog, like a greyhound, with a red collar, or was it brown, with a very short tail that was very curly...... If you find THAT one, let me know!! :whistle:

Guest peakhound

LB: Perhaps I've been paid, just to stop you bothering everyone else!.... :clapper:

Come on, who else would invite you over for the weekend to sit out all night(s) looking for a dog to appear; involve you in a car accident; get you snowed in (involving food and drink at the finest hostelry in my village - in fact, the ONLY one!!); leave you at the mercy of a rampant black cock, and STILL invite you back for more: THAT'S FRIENDS FOR YOU :drink::D

While you're rounding up strays don't forget the one in Lees - Rough/smooth looked identical to greengrasses dog, like a greyhound, with a red collar, or was it brown, with a very short tail that was very curly...... If you find THAT one, let me know!! :whistle:

had a couple of hours today lookin for him...sorry nowt :no:

Guess you wasn't in hadfield then!!! ha ha!

Good news, Tag has been seen again today in Hadfield at 12.30, on the estate just opposite and up a bit from Glossop caravans (Green Lane/Lower barn Rd). So, at least he's still going, just hope we catch up with him when the cavalry arrive!!

bugger padfield and tintwistle about that time :blink:

Guest Lurcherbitch

If that aint proof i need theropy, nowt is.... cause everything you said there is true...but you forgot to add....mucking out horses, getting pissed with mad friends, fell running.....attacked by mad sheep. God there is too much more to mention. All that in how many weeks of knowing you????????.

All I can say to anyone is....if peakhound asks for help.........run...run for your life :wallbash::duh::hunter::laugh: