Lurcher on run for 13 days

Guest thefirstlurcherbitch

Guest peakhound

Urmm, dog wardens not really much help! Phoned them 4 weeks ago to ask for help trapping him. They called back to tell me that it was not their responsibility, but if anyone else caught him they would go and pick him up!

The only practical help we've had is from Lurcherbitch of Sheya Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue, who has spent days trawling round following up sightings and plotting our next move! Members of the public have been great too, and also members of this forum who have been out looking, spreading the word in the right places, and contacting me with suggestions for how to get near him!

I saw him yesterday: a bloke had phoned to say he was in his garden every morning, so I went down there and put food out and sat watching - Nothing. Went back at lunch time and the man said he was going out, and once his gates were shut nothing could get in or out (didn't seem keen for me to prowl round his garden!). So of I went, got the young dog out of the car, and set of down a track at the back. A man stopped me for a chat, and as I was stood there Tag jumped out of the garden and trotted off down the track in front og me!! Missed again. :hmm:

We think we may have found a barn/garage he's going in,too, so I'm leaving food there and staking it out from a distance. Problem is, it's got an up-and-over door so won't be easy to shut on him! Going to weigh up different types of nets and stuff today..... :whistle:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peakhound

Padfield in the area of the Peels arms (yeah, he's near another pub that sells a decent pint!). He's been seen around various gardens just there, and no-one is trying to grab him this time, so fingers crossed....

Guest Lurcherbitch
Padfield in the area of the Peels arms (yeah, he's near another pub that sells a decent pint!).

Can i just say the only reason we have a pint in these pubs, is that we use the loo and it would be rude not to have a drink now would'nt it :whistle: .

The guy who owns the barn gave Tag a bit of a fright the other night and he has'nt returned,(tag not the guy) we was there yesterday and no sign. We have had a call this morning placing him in the COPLEY area opposite the brushes. God knows where he will go next but lucky enough we have put loads of posters out and had enough publicity that people will keep ringing us.

Thank you to all those that are watching this thread and informing us of sightings.x

Guest peakhound

He's certainly getting around! Lurcherbitch is so professional that she was taking calls about Tag at 5.30 this morning!!!! :clapper:

Milk lady saw him mooching around Padfield again, you never know where he will pop up next....

Guest Lurcherbitch
:cry: Bloody hell Tag - thought hed have been returned safe n sound by now.

He would of been but me n peakhound are too busy making sure our hair and make up is ok before we jump out the van :laugh: (Private joke for someone we know who is reading this)

Well folks, this weekend is make or break time. We have finaly got a trap :clapper: ( Thanks to peakhounds other half for making it.)

We hopefully will be putting the trap in place tonight (as tag is settling back in padfield) We are not going to set it to trap him but just for him to get used to it being there, Then hopefully he will be confident enough to go in at some time over the weekend. The trap will be placed in the garage he visits regular.

We are trying to prepare for every situation to arise, So if anyone has any advice or tips please feel free to let us know.

Wish us luck.x

Oh if anyone is in the Glossop area get the glossop news paper today. Peakhound has had a letter printed about how usless the dog wardens and rspca have been.

good luck finding him. i have a friend who lost his spaniel in the woods down the road from me, dog was out for 4 weeks, but he got it back in the end. they usually know which side there bread is buttered!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:( Sat here reading that lot with the tears streaming down my f*cking face. Hard to imagine a more nightmarish situation for a Dog lover to be in.

Listen, LB; I had a look in one of my Pest Control catalogues. Some of them do kit for Dog Catchers too. Something here's inspired me. They call it a " Walk Toward Net ". (Oh f*ck it. I'll scan the bloody picture!)

Done it. I've also included the " Throw Net " this firm features. Here, take a look:

Throw (Top) & Walk Toward Nets

Yes. Vile f*cking prices - and that's Before VAT! I'd Love to be able to say I'll 'Have a Word' with this massive firm. But the fact is They don't Make this kit. They have to buy it themselves. Marvellous as these people have been to me in the past, I just don't think I could push it that far. I'm genuinely sorry :(

BUT we're talking about NETS here, aren't we? (I just have this vision of " Tag ", or any other lost Dog being sighted in a residential road and anyone being powerless to stop him. Believe me; I've been there. A scared and determined Dog will slip through ye hands like an eel. I'm sure you know this too.) I've never seen ye say. " We took the net ..... " LB. So I'm figuring ye have none? And how many times could ye have desperatly needed one, girl? What about next time?

Let's get some heads together here, eh? I couldn't knit a net if my life depended on it. But plenty here certainly could, with their bloody eyes closed! We'll find ye a Web Weaver then.

I'm guessing - and purely guessing, mind! - this Spun Nylon would be the kiddie? Strong enough, at the right weight, to pin a Dog, surely? Four inch, diamond mesh? Big enough for any Dog to get his head through as he charges. Body would never follow in time. Not with a leg in another mesh. Ye'd have the bugger.

How long would it take one of our resident Weavers to knock ye up an average road sized, " Walk Toward Net ", maybe even a Throw Net, as a last ditch back up? Two Walk Towards and ye'd become the S.A.S of lost Dog stoppers over night! Find one in a residential street and he'd be yours!

Face is dry now, LB. Now it's set. I'll have that penetrating, steely look now. I'm f*cking determined. I've had ye in my living room, girl. I Know ye have a heart of pure f*cking gold for these Dogs. If nets like those might help ye return some poor souls Dogs to them? Count me in. I'll find some bugger to make them for ye - I'll pay - and, if no one'll do it? So help me god; I'll f*ckin Pay!

I Know what it is to Worship ones Dogs. You understand that. You've got a friend. Just wish there's more I could do.

Guest Lurcherbitch

Sorry to report that we have had no luck catching Tag. There have been no sightings of him since last tuesday :cry: . The trap is still in place thanks to the owners of the garage. I have been staying at peakhounds since sat unfortunatly we was in a car crash on Sunday on our way back from hunt kennals, so we have been shuck up and not driving much. The hunt kennals said there neighbour spotted a lurcher a few days ago but didnt know it if it was Tag, so they are keeping a eye out.

We are really loosing hope as we have had no positive sightings of him. We went to look at a dead dog on a train track but it was'nt him. Thanks to everyone for the advice and posts. We will keep you all posted if anything else happens.

ps. If anyone wants a 15 wk fox hound/greyhound pup, giz a shout. One of the horney bitch fox hounds got out and found a greyhound to spend some time with,lol.

Ditch Shitter, thank you for your post, you got me crying now i didnt think i had any tears left.

Edited by Lurcherbitch