i was at the vets the morning and the dog has a invacation in its paw .the vet give me antibiotics for it and charged me £25 for them.i told my mate and he give me flucloxacillin.he takes them for in vacations for when his Boyle's bust on his legs he has terrible trouble with his legs.has anyone used them on their dogs or know anything about them.am a bit wary of giving them to the dog.he says that they stop invacation form setting in.

i was at the vets the morning and the dog has a invacation in its paw .the vet give me antibiotics for it and charged me £25 for them.i told my mate and he give me flucloxacillin.he takes them for in vacations for when his Boyle's bust on his legs he has terrible trouble with his legs.has anyone used them on their dogs or know anything about them.am a bit wary of giving them to the dog.he says that they stop invacation form setting in.

my wife is a pharmasist. most anit-biotics are eactly the same for humans as they are for dogs except the vet charges more because the prescription for your dog isnt subsidised by the NHS. :thumbs:

ATB REDEYE

i used amoxecillan on my dog when he got bit and they put him right in a week.i just give him two a day then when it was healing i just let him do the rest

My big dog got a whack today ,I gave him flucloxallin, it is for skin ,tears anti bacterial etc.Amoxcillin is more for the throat, and chest it is a broad spectrum anti biotic.

Edited by inan

They are fine to use on dogs amoxacillin fluclox for deeper infections and erythomycin for shallow or skin ifections all used on people and dogs, for dogs use a lower dose.

Lordy. Antibiotics are effective if prescribed in the right dose for the appropriate bacteria. Different bacteria will need different antibiotcs. Using the wrong antibiotic or giving in the wrong dose leads to the bacteria building up resistance ie Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) just one example. Basically as we don’t want our children’s future to hold many people dying from what are presently treatable diseases that become untreatable because of ignorance leading to inappropriate dosing I suggest that you pay for and get the right antibiotics prescribed at the right dose for the right type of infection at the vets who should know what they are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well went back round to the vets and got the tablets they ware called anti-robe and after a few days the invocation seems to be clearing up so thank fcuk . i will give her anther week and try her on some easy rabbits.so i looked up eBay for the tablets and they ware £1.49 each so it worked out the vet charged me £2.00 a tablet that's not bad.but at the end of the day it was a weight of my mind. :thumbs: