Running Dog Addiction & Dig Deep Throw Well Back;

running dog adiction and the world of the working terrier are both superb books not read dig deep throw well back yet but will get it soon enjoyed darcys other 2 extreme lurcher work and advanced airgun hunting and now got phil lloyds new book to read B)

stoaty

My list of favourite ever terrier books

1 The World of the Working Terrier

2 Dig Deep, Throw Well Back

Nuff said, I think they're both brilliant, but they're not instructional more a collection of good hunting stories and reflections on hunting with terriers, They're both well worth the money and I have read both numerous times and will will do so numerous more times in the future

Haven't read Running Dog Addiction, but going by his terrier book I'd say it's well worth taking a chance on.

I would\\\'nt compare Mr Darcy\\\'s books to Mr Harcombes book mentioned.Darcy\\\'s are compilations of stories in the main from other people along with his own experiences and stories of course . You could describe Harcombes as THE one terrier book to get if your budget was limited to the price of one working terrier book . It is a how to and how not to book also , different to Darcy\\\'s . It depends what you want I suppopse . Harcombe is the more skilled writer in my opinion .

Edited by Nutcracker
Guest oldskool

i think that badger digging book that harcombe wrote was more of a feckin pamphlet... although a good if not quick read... i especially like the way he advertises it, hurry now limited edition etc etc... feck, its been limited for the last 4 years :blink: ... i like both darcy and harcombe books although i cant help but think i'm back at primary school learnin how to read... the flippin words in the book are massive, is that to fill space or what??? the other thing i wuld like to say about darcys book is that although i liked extreme lurchers i thought that it was a shame that the photos didnt have much in common with the text... plus the last chapter was about air rifleing. in a book with a title like 'extreme lurchers' i thought it was a bit out of place.

dont take offense mr darcy but more as constructive critism :thumbs-up:

i think that badger digging book that harcombe wrote was more of a feckin pamphlet... although a good if not quick read... i especially like the way he advertises it, hurry now limited edition etc etc... feck, its been limited for the last 4 years :blink: ...

Oldskool....the content of that little book wasn't the most important thing when that book came out. Mr. Harcombe released that book when no-one was speaking up for the terrierman and we were being shat on from a great height by all and sundry. The fact that the book came out at all was two fingers up to everyone and informed them what really happens and not what they assumed happened...intelligence probably gathered form the centre pages of the News of the World.

It's not the best book in the world, but it is a good one as books go. Mr. Harcombe stood up when it mattered and that book is/was a testament to that.

The reason it was released in it's 2nd edition form was because first editions were going for £100+ and not everyone can afford that.