hare and the swift hound

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sour grapes spring to mind

not be long till its worth double the price you pay now.

looking forward to getting this new book its about time we had a book like this.any one got it yet ive just seen it advertiesd on here.

No mate av not got it, and wont be at this price £32.99 plus £5 p&p (

f**k me :icon_eek: I heard it was mostly pictures as well.......

Well for £38 i would want a wank for that price!! I'm not slaging anyone but that is taken the piss just under40 note's!

It maybe the best book going ,best ever, but time's are hard for people

Probably only a limited amount printed though mate, which is maybe why it is so pricey.

sour grapes spring to mind

• Like 1

Think about the cost involved in producing a book of this calibre- every photo taken by the author- coursing a full season on the fens is a bloody expensive business-we can be talking a 300 mile round trip, once, twice a week... Add to that your breakfast, a bottle of whiskey etc for the land owner... And you won't be far of a 100 quid a trip.

Now consider darcy was down the fens two or three times a week with no running dog of his own just to get the pictures for this book, then add on printing, editing costs etc and ull soon realise that at £33 it's a steal...

Seems alot of book for that price! not many books like this going for under £50.

I've paid in the past near on twice as much as this for Falconry books well short of 100 pages, nothing else in by hard writing and a few sketches! no pictures....

Just received a copy off this book today, and it is a work of art , the pics in it are second to none , im not one for books , but this is a belta , some of the action shots are fantastic , the quality of the book itself is top class , 2 good interviews with 2 of the top names in coursing , Sanky , Nuttall , this is a must for any lurcherman intrested in running dogs , :victory::victory::victory:

Just recieved my copy this morning :thumbs: much better than the usual pile of bills and junk mail :laugh: It is a truly amazing collection of photo's. It really catches the essence of coursing at its best :notworthy: even more so than watching DVD's of the sport, I think this book will stand alone head and shoulders above any other book of it's type for years to come :notworthy: essential to any one who loves the sport and dogs in general. The photography really sets a new benchmark for books of this type :thumbs: first class :toast: really enjoyed reading the interviews with Sankey and Nuttal and the other articles in the book.

Im a generous lad, but to be honest this will be the first book I have owned that I will refuse to lend out :tongue2: Well worth every penny :victory:

atvb Richard

Edited by arcticgun

Got mine today. NO words can describe this book well enough: there are NO superlatives strong enough. I sat and turned the pages with an open mouth, literally! And some tears in my eyes.

How often can anyone say that a photograph converys a message so strong that you'd have to be dead, blind or minus a brain not to be affected by it.

ANYONE with love for the hare and/or the running dog will absolutely feel the author's intensity of emotion for these two very different and remarkable animals. It simply comes off the pages in waves. These photos are not only technically damn near perfect, but many are works of art in their own right. Beautiful to look at, over and over again.

Thank you so much for putting this together JD. I'll treasure my copy for the rest of my life, and I'd have paid a damn sight more for this book if I had had to!

First off, I will say that this is not an unbiased reply because I am lucky to count JDarcy as a friend, couple this with the fact that I could not express things as eloquently as Chalkwarren.

What I will honestly say is, I have NEVER seen anything like this book....truly a masterpiece!!

For all those that seem to want to take a dig at JDarcy and think they have a book or two waiting inside them all I will say is.....beat this gentlemen, the benchmark has been well and truly set :yes:

For all the lads that are featured in this book and their hounds.....lads, you are a true credit to this wonderful sporting life :thumbs: