can anybody tell me is it ileagle to shoot pheasants on a sunday?ducks are i think but not sure about the pheasants :hmm:

In Scotland there are no statutory restrictions on the killing of game on Sunday or Christmas Day but it is not customary to do so. Wildfowl may not be shot on Sunday or Christmas Day.

No doubt Matt Hooks will give the in-depth legal analysis of your question.....sorry Matt couldn' resist:whistling: .

Basically on you go mate....crack on with it, good luck and don't forget to post you pictures of you day. :thumbs:

Edited by dave1372

Pheasant is a game bird and as such is not under any of the countryside and wildlife act licenses.

Shooting seasons are:

1st October to 1st February for England Wales and Scotland - Ireland its 1st October to 31st January

The complete list is here:BASC quarry species and shooting seasons

Hope this answers your question.

Mark

Pheasant is a game bird and as such is not under any of the countryside and wildlife act licenses.

Shooting seasons are:

1st October to 1st February for England Wales and Scotland - Ireland its 1st October to 31st January

The complete list is here:BASC quarry species and shooting seasons

Hope this answers your question.

Mark

Game licence? :whistling:

what about it :hmm:

Dave you need 1 to shoot game up here legally although as said in another thread very rarely asked for if stopped by cops.

http://www.basc.org....me-licences.cfm

Yep, I know that, I just wondered what does the game license say about shooting on Sundays though? I can't find any info that lets me know what one says.