How's everyone elses foxing going ?

Just curious now that we are into October and that some of the dog foxes will be on the move how is everyone else doing on the foxes ? There doesn't seem to be the same volume of posts on the forum as last year......why?

What kind of numbers have you shot so far this year?

I've had similar numbers to usual so far, but same as mattydski, I've been spending a lot of time running rabbits with the lurcher. We've also had a lot of poor weather conditions with mist and fog on many of the nights I've intended going out. The fogs just clearing here now, and I'm hoping to get out tonight

Dave I think everyone else is scared to post the now in case they get slated for killing the farms favourite friend.Ive shot 17 now including the 1 at yours last night but after only getting 14 last year im more than happy. :gunsmilie:

I don't understand, why it is the farms favourite friend? All the farmers or smallholders I know hate them. OK to those that don't know, they look like a kind of cute dog and the British are dog lovers, but come off it....these are a wild animal that will do whatever it wants.

After the recent publicised fox attacks in London and Brighton of young children, how can the fox still be a favourite?

My chance to take foxes is limited, in part due to the animal loving members of the golf clubs I shoot on meaning I have been told not to shoot any foxes. I have a couple of permissions where I could, but as I am out with .22lr more than anything else, I can only consider very short range shots anyway, so taking my fox count for 2010 so far it is only 1.

hello and welcome to the site,

Had 4 adults that were preying on the pheasants with terrier and the terrier got a half grown cub while mooching about with the lamp i was out this morning never saw any foxes but the same terrier got a roe buck against a fence by the time i ran up the hill it was too late for bambi and i felt like i needed a new set o lungs lol not ran like that for a while

Having a few now and then...had a couple last week, but just not posting tbh...

Plus, just enjoying running the dog too much on bunnies at the moment to concentrate on the foxes.. icon_redface.gif

I'll go out this week I guess.

I had a wee vixen last night

Probably going out again on Thursday

Dave I think everyone else is scared to post the now in case they get slated for killing the farms favourite friend.Ive shot 17 now including the 1 at yours last night but after only getting 14 last year im more than happy. :gunsmilie:

I don't understand, why it is the farms favourite friend? All the farmers or smallholders I know hate them. OK to those that don't know, they look like a kind of cute dog and the British are dog lovers, but come off it....these are a wild animal that will do whatever it wants.

After the recent publicised fox attacks in London and Brighton of young children, how can the fox still be a favourite?

My chance to take foxes is limited, in part due to the animal loving members of the golf clubs I shoot on meaning I have been told not to shoot any foxes. I have a couple of permissions where I could, but as I am out with .22lr more than anything else, I can only consider very short range shots anyway, so taking my fox count for 2010 so far it is only 1.

Sub I was being sarcastic in saying they were the "farmers favorite friend" because of some of the other posts flying about :wallbash: