help with feeding my lurcher

hi all i have a 1year old lurcher pup cant get any weight on her feed her a pound of tripe in morning with meal and again in the evening she is wormed to date i also mix some brown bread in her meals anyone no what i can give her when i take her out for a run when she gets back she looks terrible everything she has put on just falls strait back off

hi all i have a 1year old lurcher pup cant get any weight on her feed her a pound of tripe in morning with meal and again in the evening she is wormed to date i also mix some brown bread in her meals anyone no what i can give her when i take her out for a run when she gets back she looks terrible everything she has put on just falls strait back off

its a wonder its not dead my advice would be for you to give it to sombody that knows how to look after a dog

If you feeding raw you need more than just tripe ...look up BARF on here or raw and see what comes up ..word on the street is tripe has very little nutritonal value so i'm buggered if i know why it puts weight on but it does

mate try some sort of wight gianing drink the body builders youse,have you had the dog from a pup or have you bought the young dog in, you could have some blood tests done, as young pup shouldent be droping wight like that [bANNED TEXT] ever the breeding is. all the best mick

a pound of tripe will nearly be all the the food your dog gets ..raw and dry are digested at different rates ...dry fed dogs digestion sytem is repressed so feeding both at the same time will be detrimental regardless ...my lurcher 70lb gets 1lb and half raw everyday topped up with raw vegetables in the main with the odd serving of brown bread/pasta/rice thrown in for good measure ..tripe and complete is not the answer ..one or the other whichever suits is fine ..75% tripe means its likely to be missing a good lot of other nutrients as well as fat

it also could be an age thing, my dog pup is just over 18 months and has JUST started to fill out lovely and getting really toned

however a pound of tripe and meal wont go far, our terriers go through that, as already mentioned stop feeding her tripe if your happy for your other dogs to be on it then thats fine but clearly its not suiting her, use minced lamb this puts the weight on very well, feed dry in the morning after a walk so the dog has appitite for food then feed the meat after the main walk,

another thought, i'm not trying to take the piss here but is the dog warm enough? my old house was very cold and the dog lost a bit of weight after an injury due to shock and being cold, i popped a coat on and within days she was sound, if your dog is a kennel dog, the weather has dropped a fair bit without giving any time to get used to it

hope this helps and pop a pic up Annemarie

its a wonder its not dead my advice would be for you to give it to sombody that knows how to look after a dog

if you dont have anything good to say to help the fella why say anything at all muppet

thanks for all the advice from everyone apart from gav22 as this twat dont even no me he aint worth loosing sleep over my dogs are looked after well only asked for feeding advise and get num nuts with stupid comments like that he aint worth talking to and cheers iceman you hit the nail in the head hes a MUPPET.

• 2 weeks later...

if you dont have anything good to say to help the fella why say anything at all muppet

:thumbs: