lindsay

What do you plan on shooting with a .25 mate because they isn't a great deal of range on a calibre as heavy as that..

Millet

rabbits and pigeon

You got some extra large rabbits and pigeons where you are?.........Al :gunsmilie:

Most of the manufacturers make there guns in .25 calibre,it all depends on what you fancy.In this calibre due to its short range and loopy trajectory you would be better off getting an fac version.If its only for rabbits and pigeons any of the other three calibres will be perfect for this.If you still want a .25 and get a fac you can either get a spring,gas ram or pcp charged gun.Imo the pick of these for me would be either a HW80(spring) Eliminator (gas ram) or either a Rapid mk II (pcp)or a Airwolf.

Back in the early 90s i had a BSA Supersport in .25. Trajectory was like that of a ww2 artillery piece and at the time pellets were hard to get hold of, i think i could only get some called Rhino"s, cant remember what make they were. They stopped what they hit but in the 12ft lb rifles not worth the extra cost of ammo and they can be a bit inconsistant in flight,may be differant nowdays. I would stay with either .177, .20,or .22 unless going for an fac.

Point of question: because of how the laws work regarding muzzel energy rather than muzzle speed,ie fps. what makes people think that a .25 has a shorter range of killing power other the other callibres? After alls said and done an effective range on a 12ft lbs rifle is reputed to be 35-45 yrds max,so if its pushing 12ftlbs it should in theory still have the power to push the pellet that distance. Ok, i know it will drop like a brick the further it travels and the trajectory can be a prob at shorter ranges. At the end of the day a rifle pushing a projectile at 12ftlbs is pushing it at 12ftlbs regardles of size and as 35-45yrds is a relitively short distance i dont think a power drop, resulting in loss of range would be noticable over that distance.

PS. this was not penned as an insitement to cause an argument or prove others wrong, it is just my own opinion drawn on by my own experiance and knowldge of shooting.

i had a bsa superstar in .25 it was a nightmare guessing hold over ,it was only good for rats really amazeing how much mess a larger pellet made ,same with birds took they heads clean off.I used it with a lazer one set for 15 yards the other 30 and i just stuck to them ranges trajectory like a bloody rainbow.

What do you plan on shooting with a .25 mate because they isn't a great deal of range on a calibre as heavy as that..

Millet

rabbits and pigeon

:no: Don't do it, I had one once they are a nightmare to shoot with :censored: Holdover is gruesome :blink: