FAO Foxdropper

Here's the pic of that tall five pointer from the other day - one side is the best part of 30cm :icon_eek: with the other just shy of 29 and he weighs in at 549 grams :thumbs:... not that I'm counting or anything.

post-4425-076460000 1285792103_thumb.jpg

post-4425-098694600 1285792127_thumb.jpg

The side view... the malform just happened to get caught in the frame :whistling:

post-4425-036473400 1285792143_thumb.jpg

Looks like youve turned into a trophy hunter :whistling:

:laugh: Far from it mate... I haven't shot many bucks but have been very lucky this season :yes: Just want to make the most of them encase my luck runs out. Not too bothered about the stats side but they help give perspective which sometimes difficult to get from a picture. As to whether they make a medal or not – that’s not what stalking’s about IMHO but must admit that that having a head make an international standard does make it that little bit extra special ;)

Now that is just out and out showing off that is.....

Moi :o:angel:

Edited by Local

Not trying to rob the thread local, cracking heads there, that's a really good malform - here's another tall one from somerset, 30 and 29cm shot this year, he's stable at 558g and was called in during the rut in early August.

gold.jpg

Edited by Murph

He's a cracker Murph - fair play to you... Funnily enough both these beasts were taken in Wiltshire and are, by all accounts, most unusual for the area. All the bucks I have taken this year in Somerset have had very wide spans save for one (the one on the left of this pic being the narrowest)

post-4425-029802100 1285960478_thumb.jpg

This pic has been up beofre so apologies for recycling it. Not sure whether its the same on your ground but most heads seem to have the right sided antler kinked and turning in slightly???

Edited by Local

Yes it is much the same with the right turning in ever so slightly although they are very even really. Funny that I'm pretty near wilts, we seem to have a split between tall and thin and a fair span. Generally the malforms around here have a trend for an extra point over the right eye, seen 3 this year, one came in just shy of bronze, one was nowhere near a medal although a nice 6 points and the other will make a medal but is still at large and will probably be left for this year.

Yes it is much the same with the right turning in ever so slightly although they are very even really. Funny that I'm pretty near wilts, we seem to have a split between tall and thin and a fair span. Generally the malforms around here have a trend for an extra point over the right eye, seen 3 this year, one came in just shy of bronze, one was nowhere near a medal although a nice 6 points and the other will make a medal but is still at large and will probably be left for this year.

An extra point over the right eye...

post-4425-021676300 1285968505_thumb.jpg

Something in the water round these parts I think :hmm: - got a more pronounced kink as well. just shy of bronze taken early May this year.

Edited by Local
  • 2 weeks later...

last year my mate and myself went out on his permission to see if we could get a roe buck i managed to get one ,when he was on his way down to see me he says you better come see this,a buck had stuck its head out between the tree,s so he shot it in the neck but when he went over to it it was a doe with one antler in the middle of its head the antler was spiral like a unicorn,about a month later i found another doe with an antler dead on the road but not spiral has anybody else came across this atb