• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive used a bicycle repair kit before now

Posted Images

Guest GoneToGround1

got a new pair on sunday, my others lasted me 12 mths of real hard walking and work... the last pair were 50 quiders.

This time i went for the "tay sport" 85 quid....

it was bewteen them and the "spay" but these felt heavier on, and a little stiffer....

how you compare the tay sport to the speys mate? dont use wellies much these days but since my speys are dead after 3 years im looking into a new pair...thanks.

hi i bought a set of wyre valley for £23 of some site on ebay decent and comfy

yes they are, but they dont have the muck boot sole,, they are quite thin, and slip along the sides and on top... still last you a good season tho..

what about the grub stalker ?

Guest GoneToGround1

think i might get a pair of speys then if they lasted 3 years

theyre leaking now and have been for a year, but thats because of barbed wire tangled up in bramble when i was ferreting one day. only other thing is the grips are now almost gone but what can i say they had a hard life and if it wasnt for the splits in them id still be using them now with no grips!

got a new pair on sunday, my others lasted me 12 mths of real hard walking and work... the last pair were 50 quiders.

it was bewteen them and the "spay" but these felt heavier on, and a little stiffer....

how you compare the tay sport to the speys mate? dont use wellies much these days but since my speys are dead after 3 years im looking into a new pair...thanks.

Well to tell you the truth mate, there wasnt to much difference... Just thought the spey would be a little more slippy on smooth ground. They did feel a little harder, and there didnt seem as much give in the spey, plus, a little heavier..

hi i bought a set of wyre valley for £23 of some site on ebay decent and comfy

yes they are, but they dont have the muck boot sole,, they are quite thin, and slip along the sides and on top... still last you a good season tho..

what about the grub stalker ?

Dont know them mate,? Are they guduns?

Guest GoneToGround1

Well to tell you the truth mate, there wasnt to much difference... Just thought the spey would be a little more slippy on smooth ground. They did feel a little harder, and there didnt seem as much give in the spey, plus, a little heavier..

so would you have taysport next time...or spey? thanks.

so would you have taysport next time...or spey? thanks.

??? The pic i have put up earlier is of my new wellies, tay sport..