Long time coming

Fletcher

Yesterday the bird had the flight of his life, he spotted a rabbit about 100m away and took off after it, as the bird closed the rabbit was away, but the bird took it on the back end but got kicked off, the chase was still on and after another 20m the bird took the rabbit in a gorse bush, again the bird only had by the back end as I stuck my hand in to grab the rabbit it was away again into a nearby bush. I waited for bird to sort himself out then went in for the flush, the rabbit was off again the chase was on, I was so close I threw my knife at it (and missed completely) the bird took it again in another bush, it broke free again. Thats where I gave up and let it go to live another day, me and bird knackered, bird pissed off, me happy.

Anyway a while back we talked about my bird perferring to kill in cover, well you can't get harded cover than this.......

P1070030.jpg

P1070031.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bald eagle1

Thats why I choose a MHH, having the agility to take feather (never know when the rabbits will dry up), not that he needed it to take out this fella. :hmm:

Excellent picture & an Interesting Thread.

Are Female Harris Hawks not up to taking feathered quarry? :blink:

YIS

Borderboy

nice pics fletcher