Long time coming

Fletcher

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another for boxing day, his weight was up a bit after giving him a pheasant leg for Xmas dinner, took the rabbit in fine style, just minutes after hitting a mallard in flight but unfortunatly not binding.

PC260014.jpg

theres no stopping you now,

great stuff..

how long does it take for your harris to cast up, mine is about 20 to 24 hours, its a pain in the arse some times, thats why i fed clean meat most of the time,,,

Edited by jamesy

almost 2 days to cast?!?! you never get to hunt 2 days in a row then? why is that? nice one flecther, he is certainly doing well, seems like you got the weather today, i was out for 2 hours today, only had the one, and it was BUCKETING really slowed the bird. also located ferret at 5ft, so sat it out for about 30 mins lol

almost 2 days to cast?!?! you never get to hunt 2 days in a row then? why is that? nice one flecther, he is certainly doing well, seems like you got the weather today, i was out for 2 hours today, only had the one, and it was BUCKETING really slowed the bird. also located ferret at 5ft, so sat it out for about 30 mins lol

when i feed my harris on let say DOC or mice/ rat , its takes about 24 hours for him to cast a pellet, i dont feed ontop of a cast, so i wouldnt fly him as i may be feeding him titbits on the outing,,

an another reason sometimes i hood my harris when out flying and i wouldnt hood him if he hasnt casted up as the pellet can get stuck if he has a hood on,

Edited by jamesy

Out again today, a different bit of ground, mugged a cock pheasant, which weighed in @ 2lb 3oz once it was skinned and cleaned.

PC270015.jpg

Then on the way back to the car took this rabbit in dense gorse, had to lift the pair out to give him a feed.

PC270017.jpg

Jamesy, I only feed rabbit during the hunting season, I save all the other food like quail and that for the moult. That way I know exactly how much to feed him to keep his weight bang on. He only gets casting on non flying days when I give a head in the morning, that keeps him busy for a good few hours and he's always cast by the following morning. I tried giving a mixed diet last season but couldn't keep his weight stable, so now he get 60grams a rabbit a day plus supplements a couple of times a week. Hope thats some help mate.

Berkutchi, I just use photobucket, you don't have to worry about resizing then. You don't need a decent camera mate, just a camera will do. By the way I'd need to have a good long think about stopping hunting before I'd shove broken shards of glass up my arse. lol

Edited by Fletcher
Jamesy, I only feed rabbit during the hunting season, I save all the other food like quail and that for the moult. That way I know exactly how much to feed him to keep his weight bang on. He only gets casting on non flying days when I give a head in the morning, that keeps him busy for a good few hours and he's always cast by the following morning. I tried giving a mixed diet last season but couldn't keep his weight stable, so now he get 60grams a rabbit a day plus supplements a couple of times a week. Hope thats some help mate.

Berkutchi, I just use photobucket, you don't have to worry about resizing then. You don't need a decent camera mate, just a camera will do. By the way I'd need to have a good long think about stopping hunting before I'd shove broken shards of glass up my arse. lol

yer ive worked it out 2oz of clean meat keeps my harris bang on hunting weight..

I'll change it to dildo then!!! :good::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::yahoo: