Guest Ditch_Shitter

Bake It, mate! When I was younger - and had teeth! - there was nothing finer than just biting onto a Hares back leg and tearing away a huge chunk of that lovely flesh!

I can't be doing with all this fancy sh!t. Ye got a Hare? Ye want to Taste Hare! Why mess it about till it's FUBAR? Eat the Meat! :good:

PS. Night or two's fine for the hanging, IMHO. Want rank stuff? Find old road kill! :sick:

I don't like the strong taste too much, so I simmer the joints in water: add an onion, stick of celery, herbs, salt and pepper, until the meat is really tender and can be taken off the bones easily. Then make a stew of it: fry another onion in fat (I always use lamb fat that has been drained off when we slow roast a breast of lamb) add carrots and anything else you fancy. Then if you want to cheat you can add a cookin sauce, or do it the proper way and add a bit of flour to the frying veg, then slowly add the stock that the hare has simmered in: add the pieces of hare meat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the veg is cooked, and its ready. Oh, and add dumplings when you add the hare meat: deeelicious!

I put the back and legs in salt water for a night then drain and put in a roasting dish with a couple of small whole onions and a few whole carrots a good nog of butter season well and slow roast on a low heat for about four hours or until well done

• 2 weeks later...

i gut it the same day or next again day then cook it on the third day , in abig casserole pot onions or leeks carrots and swede and a few stock cubes beef preferably ,slowly then add bisto or flour to thicken it a few s a few dumplings beutiful food