Hare

jasper65

Nice shooting mate, pan fry to brown it then into the slow cooker with what ever veg and a bit of seasoning.

spot on Phil :thumbs:. is the idea of frying it to seal it first aswel as browning it? need to ask as the wife will be doing it :whistling:. never had one for years mate, the last time I wasn't that struck! it was gamey as hell Roasted in foil...

Jasp

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in

Nice one jasper, i have never gone out to look for hare but when the shot has presented itself it has often been taken. Good for you

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill. I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with a

Posted Images

Aye

My question was based on your statement that you had no idea why you shot it cause you weren`t going to eat it and you had vowed never to shoot another.

It just reminded me of the fox with an airgun type posts that end up having to be deleted by Mods

Did not really intend to offend anyone ,it was simply that the post read like

it was made by an inexperienced hunter.(which you are obviously not)

but the post just seemed to show an unjustified shooting of an animal, which I`m sure any anti would point to as ammo for their case.

If you feel offended I appologise that was not my intention pal

ATB

No problem mate its all water under the bridge :thumbs: ! trust me none of it will be wasted as I hate wasteing anything I shoot, I scrounge as many of the Pheasants that can't go to the game dealer off the keepers or should I say as many as I can get in the freezer, all handy for the Ferrets....

I should have worded the original post better and saved alot of Hassle! Must say I won't be shooting another for a long time if ever, its not a animal I really want to keep adding to my quarry list whatever gun I am useing..

atb Jasper

No worries mate. Looking back at my post, I suppose I did come across as a grumpy prick,

But after 2 weeks off 12 hr nightshifts I probably was. WIll wind my neck in a bit in future.

ATB :thumbs:

Good shooting Jasper, never had the opportunity to shoot a hare with an air gun, its been a lot of years ago since I tried hare I`ve forgot what it tastes like

Regards

Dillan

hi dillan

you need to get down to me! and fill ya boots :thumbs:

on one of our permissions i think the golf chairman is confused and cant tell the difference between a rabbit & a hare,because we see 40 hares and 4 rabbits which we shot of course ,but he dont want the hare's shot :blink:

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in range,im sure i would of, for instance say i was out shooting wooodies and a rat appeared should i leave it because i was out for pigeon.. :blink: or if i was out shooting rabbits and a crow appeared should i leave it.. :blink: and so on.

Good shooting mate straight through the sweed.. :boogie: .. and you dont have to explain anything to anyone feck the doubters and keep at it,as for eating it :sick: they taste like cack imo especially if they have not been gutted straight away,i would be feeding it to the bird's or the dog's.

hi ??

getting better! :thumbs:

Popped out with the gun through the back hedge into the back field mainly looking for another bunny, Unfortunately this Hare showed himself before trotting on slightly giving me a decent shot from behind.

One .177 field target trophy whistled out of the Air Rangers Barrel and clattered him in the back of the swede!! game over :victory:.....

Jasp

hi jasper

nice shot buddy :thumbs:

taken many myself with an air rifle and more than enough to humanly kill it,even out to 50yds in good conditions, :thumbs: makes me laugh when peeps rant over shooting them with an air rifle, they obviously dont know what there on about or the capabilitys of there air rifles. if the land owner wants rid then im afraid they go :thumbs:

regards

regards

davy

• Like 1

Aye

I`m sorry,,but am I missing something ????

Why did you shoot it ?? for a laugh ???,,,just to see if your airgun could kill something that big, no ??

Give us a clue as to why you killed it, if not to eat??

may be you read jaspers post wrong or you dont know what your talking about ...as for your comment "just to see if your airgun could kill something that big, no ??"

its easier to shoot a hare with an air rifle than it is a rabbit!! the skull on a hare is no where near as thick as a rabbit making the hare it much easier to kill ....

atb gary

Is that why the BASC, in its published Recommended Code Of Practice, names only the following as suitable quarry for an air rifle?

Crows,Rooks,Jackdaws, Brown Rats,Jays,Woodpigeons,Collared Doves, Grey Squirrels, Magpies,Feral Pigeons ,and Rabbits.

Note Hares are NOT on the list.

Popped out with the gun through the back hedge into the back field mainly looking for another bunny, Unfortunately this Hare showed himself before trotting on slightly giving me a decent shot from behind.

One .177 field target trophy whistled out of the Air Rangers Barrel and clattered him in the back of the swede!! game over :victory:.....

Jasp

hi jasper

nice shot buddy :thumbs:

taken many myself with an air rifle and more than enough to humanly kill it,even out to 50yds in good conditions, :thumbs: makes me laugh when peeps rant over shooting them with an air rifle, they obviously dont know what there on about or the capabilitys of there air rifles. if the land owner wants rid then im afraid they go :thumbs:

regards

regards

davy

Good point well made davyt!!!

i always thought it was illegal to shoot a harehmm.gif

Only on CHRISTMAS DAY :yes:

Plus I like eating the Pigeons aswel as the Hawks ;)....

You rotten B@sturd Eating such magnificant BOP's :o

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Is that why the BASC, in its published Recommended Code Of Practice, names only the following as suitable quarry for an air rifle?

Crows,Rooks,Jackdaws, Brown Rats,Jays,Woodpigeons,Collared Doves, Grey Squirrels, Magpies,Feral Pigeons ,and Rabbits.

BASC published a "Recommended Code Of Practice" :big_boss:

And that is exactly what it is :yes: its what some bloke recommends, it is not law nor is it meant to be taken as word of law. Its purely a recommendation.

=======================================================

I don't know :angel: I take 24 hours off the site and the place goes to tits up all the way to Hell :11:

I was out with Dillan this evening :notworthy: hoping to bop a bunny or two :yes: I noticed a pair of ears sticking out above the crops :hmm: Could this be a Hare, too right it was, I estimated the distance to be about 40-45 yards.

I'm thinking, I know full well I can take that shot and make it clean :yes:

Did I take the shot?

No I didn't.

Why did I not take the shot?

Becuse it was in a F :censored: G field where we did not have permission to shoot in :thumbdown:

If it had been in any of the three fields we were working, I would have definately shot it for the table :yes:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

i always thought it was illegal to shoot a harehmm.gif

Only on CHRISTMAS DAY :yes:

Plus I like eating the Pigeons aswel as the Hawks ;)....

You rotten B@sturd Eating such magnificant BOP's :o

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

BASC published a "Recommended Code Of Practice" :big_boss:

And that is exactly what it is :yes: its what some bloke recommends, it is not law nor is it meant to be taken as word of law. Its purely a recommendation.=======================================================

I don't know :angel: I take 24 hours off the site and the place goes to tits up all the way to Hell :11:

I was out with Dillan this evening :notworthy: hoping to bop a bunny or two :yes: I noticed a pair of ears sticking out above the crops :hmm: Could this be a Hare, too right it was, I estimated the distance to be about 40-45 yards.

I'm thinking, I know full well I can take that shot and make it clean :yes:

Did I take the shot?

No I didn't.

Why did I not take the shot?

Becuse it was in a F :censored: G field where we did not have permission to shoot in :thumbdown:

If it had been in any of the three fields we were working, I would have definately shot it for the table :yes:

Phantom

Why do you think it is a recommendation?

Totally legit. :yes:

Good post Jasper, :thumbs: I find it quite amusing :D that you can legally shoot a hare and everyone's up in arms. Wonder if the negative posts are from dog owners. :hmm:

Nice one Archie :thumbs:, must say I was a bit shocked expecially these days when the Hunting faternity should be singing from the same song sheet! good to see the shooters sticking to their guns.

I think you hit the nail on the head judging from some posts :yes:...

Jasp

I could recommend myself to be prime minister but it wouldn't mean it was right? a recommendation is exactly what it is! its not law! seen plenty of recommendations not to shoot Fox with a .17HMR but plenty do pretty efficiently.......

Totally legit. :yes:

Good post Jasper, :thumbs: I find it quite amusing :D that you can legally shoot a hare and everyone's up in arms. Wonder if the negative posts are from dog owners. :hmm:

Nice one Archie :thumbs:, must say I was a bit shocked expecially these days when the Hunting faternity should be singing from the same song sheet! good to see the shooters sticking to their guns.

I think you hit the nail on the head judging from some posts :yes:...

Jasp

Food for thought :hmm: , some of the post's have been a bit RUFF :doh:

I could recommend myself to be prime minister but it wouldn't mean it was right? a recommendation is exactly what it is! its not law! seen plenty of recommendations not to shoot Fox with a .17HMR but plenty do pretty efficiently.......

Perhaps you could answer my question ,instead of making puerile comments?