Hare

jasper65

airgun section ????

hunting with airguns ????

whats the problem guys ????

legal quarry for legitimate use .

we went wildfowling the other morning, specificly for ducks........but some geese showed up......should we not of shot them ?????............oooppsss :icon_redface:

we ARE living in the real world

cheers

sean

p.s jugged hare is nice jasper......plenty of recipes online ( very traditional way of having it)......if you DARE to get another of course.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in

Nice one jasper, i have never gone out to look for hare but when the shot has presented itself it has often been taken. Good for you

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill. I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with a

Posted Images

airgun section ????

hunting with airguns ????

whats the problem guys ????

legal quarry for legitimate use .

we went wildfowling the other morning, specificly for ducks........but some geese showed up......should we not of shot them ?????............oooppsss :icon_redface:

we ARE living in the real world

cheers

sean

p.s jugged hare is nice jasper......plenty of recipes online ( very traditional way of having it)......if you DARE to get another of course.

Nice one sean! I will eat this Hare if I have to choke on it now mate, the birds can get stuffed because I would hate to upset anyone by feeding it to them mate....

I think next time I shoot anything I'll keep it to myself! I would also hate to bring a Hunting forum into disrepute by actually going out hunting and killing somthing :icon_eek:...

atb Jasper

I look at the post now Bill and think what a strange one. First I take a stroll with the gun and down a Hare cleanly <although I must add I did'nt specificly go out after a Hare> secondly I then have to explain myself on a HUNTING FORUM why I shot a Hare? then I'm told to refraim from the bad Language :icon_redface:, (which has now been edited out)....

from a entertainment point of view for once I'll have to give one of my threads 9 out of 10 :laugh:..

YIS Jasp

I look at the post now Bill and think what a strange one. First I take a stroll with the gun and down a Hare cleanly <although I must add I did'nt specificly go out after a Hare> secondly I then have to explain myself on a HUNTING FORUM why I shot a Hare? then I'm told to refraim from the bad Language :icon_redface:, (which has now been edited out)....

from a entertainment point of view for once I'll have to give one of my threads 9 out of 10 :laugh:..

YIS Jasp

:clapper::laugh::laugh::thumbs:

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in range,im sure i would of, for instance say i was out shooting wooodies and a rat appeared should i leave it because i was out for pigeon.. :blink: or if i was out shooting rabbits and a crow appeared should i leave it.. :blink: and so on.

Good shooting mate straight through the sweed.. :boogie: .. and you dont have to explain anything to anyone feck the doubters and keep at it,as for eating it :sick: they taste like cack imo especially if they have not been gutted straight away,i would be feeding it to the bird's or the dog's.

• Like 2

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill.

I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with an airgun.

I looked up to try to find it on general license ,it looks quite a grey area.

Then read it wasn't a pest and was in decline,not on my permission,I've seen a fair few.Then i read it might have young leverits that it has in various places that it could still be feeding.Gulp

Started feeling a wee bit guilty,don't know if the oppurtunity came again if i would take it.

On saying that I am going to eat it and so will my dog and i will enjoy it,if i relly enjoy it ,it might make me take the shot again.

Atb KOT

• Like 1

Aye

My question was based on your statement that you had no idea why you shot it cause you weren`t going to eat it and you had vowed never to shoot another.

It just reminded me of the fox with an airgun type posts that end up having to be deleted by Mods

Did not really intend to offend anyone ,it was simply that the post read like

it was made by an inexperienced hunter.(which you are obviously not)

but the post just seemed to show an unjustified shooting of an animal, which I`m sure any anti would point to as ammo for their case.

If you feel offended I appologise that was not my intention pal

ATB

Good shooting mate straight through the sweed.. :boogie: .. and you dont have to explain anything to anyone feck the doubters and keep at it,as for eating it :sick: they taste like cack imo especially if they have not been gutted straight away,i would be feeding it to the bird's or the dog's.

No doubt about it mate some is going to the birds! I'll be having the saddle and both back legs just to try it again after a good few years. I Shouldn't have bothered putting the thread up really! I have shot a fair few squirrels over the last few weeks and didn't bother, I just saw another shooting competition has started which is why the date was placed near the Hare to prove when it was shot. the fact is it was shot cleaner than alot I have seen in the past useing shotguns on some of the Hare shoots they have here in Norfolk...

Nice one jasper, i have never gone out to look for hare but when the shot has presented itself it has often been taken.

Good for you :thumbs:

Nice one pal! have to say I won't be repeating it not because of what went on here! I much prefer shooting the tree rats, Corvids and Pigeons. Plus I like eating the Pigeons aswel as the Hawks ;)....

Yis Jasp

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill.

I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with an airgun.

I looked up to try to find it on general license ,it looks quite a grey area.

Then read it wasn't a pest and was in decline,not on my permission,I've seen a fair few.Then i read it might have young leverits that it has in various places that it could still be feeding.Gulp

Started feeling a wee bit guilty,don't know if the oppurtunity came again if i would take it.

On saying that I am going to eat it and so will my dog and i will enjoy it,if i relly enjoy it ,it might make me take the shot again.

Atb KOT

Cheers for the post KOT :thumbs: . there's also Hundreds of them around here! I have to say we probably see more Hares around this way than we do Rabbits, they even come into the back end of the garden.

I like to get out now and again and shoot a few things with the Air Rifle mainly because I can feed them to the birds, I can't take the chance with anything blasted with a shotgun due to the chance of lead poisening, the good thing is if I can take a head shot with the rifle the head goes to the ferrets and the rest is good clean meat for the Hawks. I obviously buy in food for them in day old chicks, the odd quail and Lab Rats but none of this food is off the quality I can get from the wild for the birds! its good to give then somthing natural now and again...

Yis Jasper

Aye

My question was based on your statement that you had no idea why you shot it cause you weren`t going to eat it and you had vowed never to shoot another.

It just reminded me of the fox with an airgun type posts that end up having to be deleted by Mods

Did not really intend to offend anyone ,it was simply that the post read like

it was made by an inexperienced hunter.(which you are obviously not)

but the post just seemed to show an unjustified shooting of an animal, which I`m sure any anti would point to as ammo for their case.

If you feel offended I appologise that was not my intention pal

ATB

No problem mate its all water under the bridge :thumbs: ! trust me none of it will be wasted as I hate wasteing anything I shoot, I scrounge as many of the Pheasants that can't go to the game dealer off the keepers or should I say as many as I can get in the freezer, all handy for the Ferrets....

I should have worded the original post better and saved alot of Hassle! Must say I won't be shooting another for a long time if ever, its not a animal I really want to keep adding to my quarry list whatever gun I am useing..

atb Jasper