BSA AIRSPORTER

HI HERE WE HAVE MY OLD BSA AIRSPORTER,, WELL IT HAS HAD A OX MAX ACCELERATER SQURED COIL SPRING BEEN FITTED, IT WAS VERY POWER FULL, DUE TO THE POWER ON THE OLD GIRL , I THINK THE BACK OV THE PISTON NUT HAS COME OFF IT DOSENT COCK NOW, TO BE HONISTED I NOT SURE WHAT WRONG WITH IT THAT WHY IT SPEARS OR REPAIRS IT IN GOOD CONDISTION IT IN 2.2 CHROME TRIGGER GAURD, I THINK THIS GUN COME OUT IN THE 60'S SO I VE BEEN TOLD THIS WILL MAKE A GOOD RESTORE PROJECT , ONLY NEED SLIGHT ATTENCTION,, IT A UNDER LEVER, THE SEIRAL NUMBER IS G106667 , ANY OFFERS OR MAY SWAP ,, THIS MAY BE A COLLECTORS ITEM OR MAY BE WORTH A FEW QUID IN THE RIGHT HANDS:thumbs: :thumbs: just found out from a bsa site that it was mad between 1948/1954,, its a mk 1, if i was made in 1948 , it 62 years old ,, ,that is in mint condition for being that old :tongue2: will swap for mk3 ferret collar

post-39792-034875600 1285094707_thumb.jpg

post-39792-001469100 1285094819_thumb.jpg

post-39792-044543100 1285094911_thumb.jpg

post-39792-058175800 1285095010_thumb.jpg

post-39792-069002800 1285095067_thumb.jpg

post-39792-039095200 1285095184_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrenyboy

HI HERE WE HAVE MY OLD BSA AIRSPORTER,, WELL IT HAS HAD A OX MAX ACCELERATER SQURED COIL SPRING BEEN FITTED, IT WAS VERY POWER FULL, DUE TO THE POWER ON THE OLD GIRL , I THINK THE BACK OV THE PISTON NUT HAS COME OFF IT DOSENT COCK NOW, TO BE HONISTED I NOT SURE WHAT WRONG WITH IT THAT WHY IT SPEARS OR REPAIRS IT IN GOOD CONDISTION IT IN 2.2 CHROME TRIGGER GAURD, I THINK THIS GUN COME OUT IN THE 60'S SO I VE BEEN TOLD THIS WILL MAKE A GOOD RESTORE PROJECT , ONLY NEED SLIGHT ATTENCTION,, IT A UNDER LEVER, THE SEIRAL NUMBER IS G106667 , ANY OFFERS OR MAY SWAP ,, THIS MAY BE A COLLECTORS ITEM OR MAY BE WORTH A FEW QUID IN THE RIGHT HANDS:thumbs: :thumbs: just found out from a bsa site that it was mad between 1948/1954,, its a mk 1, if i was made in 1948 , it 62 years old ,, ,that is in mint condition for being that old :tongue2: will swap for mk3 ferret collar

Hi,

How much you looking for and are you willing to post?

REGARDS

Hi there

Sorry but this isn't a mk1, i think your serial starts with GL as it's got the mk6 rearsight block (the square bit in front of the loading tap.

This is a mk6 (GL prefix), you can see the steel square bit that the rearsight fits to (this one has had the barrel chopped and an OX Neutraliser silencer fitted)

rifleairsporter5.jpg

rifleairsporter1.jpg

Here are my two mk1's, they have a tapered barrel, a rearsight that is dovetailed and no scope rails (i presume a scope can be mounted to yours?)

When a mk1 is cocked, the tap opens automatically and there is no rubber buttp-ad on a mk1.

rifleBSAmk1airspoters.jpg

Here's what should be on the cylinder of a mk1 airsporter.

rifleBSAmk1airsporterd.jpg

The MK2 Airsporter had a parallel barrel rather than tapered, also had a small dovetailled rearsite but was a type that could be folded down flat.

The Mk2 also had four scope rails 'pressed' out in the top of the cylinder, these rails were only about an inch and a quarter long as opposed to the two long ones on later marques, they also had a different type of etching on the top of the cylinder..

You can just make out the scope rails (or half of them at least!) in this pic.

rifleasp03.jpg

The two right hand ones of these are mk1's, the rest are mk2's (all taps on mk1/2 open automatically when cocked)also, you can see the type of rearsight is a small one (and dovetailed)

rifleAirsportermk1and2s-1.jpg

Even as a mk6, it still is worth more than a radio collar (in my opinion!)

cheers, John..