Sign in to follow this  
steve66

Scopes

Got an ags swat 4-16x56 mildot.Might seem a bit ott,but the light gathering qualitie's at dusk and on the lamp make it worthwhile,plus my lad doe's a bit of target with it.F*****g heavy though when your lunking it round the golf course at 2 in the morning :rofl:

Ive got simmon's 3-9x50 on the gun at the moment but if you a short of cash a set of half decent set of 4x32 will do the job as you dont need a great deal of magnification as you can get closer in the dark than you can day time.. :good: ..

Millet

Mr Millet, would your scope happen to be the Nighteye Plus by any chance? If so, how do you find it? I'm debating whether I buy this size or the one down from it.

Ta very much............Al :thumbs-up:

Just wonderd what size/type scopes you guys use at night :blink:

In my experience it depends what type of shooting you are doing, for instance if you are lamping then you dont need a scope with a large light gathering objective lense becuase the lamp should provide all the light you need. However if you are shooting without the aid of a lamp in either low light conditions or silhoueting (spelling) then you will need a large objective lense to make the object as clear and defineable as possible.

Hawke Varmint 3-12X44 on the FX2000 and Simmons Deerfield 3-9X40 on the Longbow. The Deerfield has better optics than the Hawke at night, not bad when you think it is at least twelve years old.........Al :thumbs-up:

Hi , thanks for your ansewers :) just been looking round the net and there seems to be some good deals at the mo ,so it looks like a new scopes on the cards

Mr Millet, would your scope happen to be the Nighteye Plus by any chance? If so, how do you find it? I'm debating whether I buy this size or the one down from it.

Ta very much............Al :thumbs-up:

Ive been looking on google to try and find the ones i have here at the moment but i cant find them.. :blink: ..

Anyway the ones i have here are just a cheap set 3-9x50 8 point simmon's i think they cost about £58.00 .. they arn't Night eye plus or anything like that they are just your normal day scope's but they work a treat on a night given the right condition's .. :good: ..

Millet

You are a gent sir :signthankspin: ...Al :thumbs-up:

Guest oldskool

mighty scopes there lads :thumbs-up: ,, there the sort i would put my rim fire... for an air rifle anything will do me as long as it lets in a bit of light and doesnt need zeroed every 20 shots or so :) ...