Air Arms TX200

Guest king ratcatcher
I've killed a lot of game with one of those. Excellent rifles.

As said, they are heavy, but once you are used to them you'll be fine. Best springer I've shot

Nice pics mate, what cals the tx, what power does it put out :)

It was a .22

It was an out of the box job at 12ft/lb

The only thing I'd change on one of those (if I had my way) was the loading port. It's right of centre so if you are right handed, you crank it with your left but this makes loading a pellet with your left very difficult so you have to swap. I'd have made it a centre port like the HW97 for easier use. Otherwise an excellent rifle

just got mine fixed great gun just a bit heavey ,if yours has an anti bear trap {the button you press to let the cocking arm swing down}be a bit careful with it make sure you have cocked it fully and watch when you swing the arm back up ,its all held by a cocking shoe a tiny little metal shoe which is prone to break £5 to replace.Apart from that its easy to strip as the spring is under very little pressure it wiil fly out as i found but its easy to replace with out a spring compresser.

Guest oldskool

i'm know expert mate, but fittin swivels in it might not be such a good idea, its a bit of a heavy gun... and if swivels were supposed to be on it why do they not come as standard???

pm baldie, he will know alot about it

mine had swivels the front one clips on to the under lever and you have to drill the stock at the back for the other it is worth it as it is a bloody heavy gun.dont worry to much about scope creep as the recoil is pretty minor on this gun compaired with other springers ,im trying to get a gas ram for mine but not too sure if they make them .

Edited by kurgan

Excellent rifle, I would recommend these to anyone. As for the weight, use it too your advantage, I find light rifles harder to keep still, especially at this time of year with the wind blowing it everywhere.

On the subject of slings, your choice, I hate drilling a stock, as if you make a mistake, you will regret it!!! You could always do what I do in this situation, a slip sling, one end slides over the stock, the other over the barrel, adjust to suit yourself, no problem. Where to get one?, again do what I do, good old eeekbay, get them in cammo etc, cheap as chips and light as a feather.

Enjoy the TX, good choice..........Al :thumbs-up: