just wondering if anyone could recommend a good gun lamp for shooting rabbits?

hi jenx269

depends on if you want a torch/lamp that can be mounted to the scope, or a lamp that can be used as a lamp and also mounted to the scope.i personally use a clulite gl4 laserlite with a red filter an a dimmer .i bought it because it was on offer at newark shot show an it was as much at the torch type i was looking at.but it came with all the bits ie:- the charger,a battery,car charger,bag to carry the battery in an a filter an filter adapter, an it works well for me an the fact that i can use it just as a lamp when me an mates go out is a bounus.lots of guys use the torch type an get on well with them, so i suppose its down to personal choice an budget

clicky thing

shoot safe

Niel

If you are solo shooting I'd say get one of the small tracer stinger type. This will enable you to get close without the 300m glaring light spooking the field. When the red filter is attached the visible range of light is reduced down to roughly 40/50 yds. This will help you at night for a rough range find i.e. if you can see it then its just within range(roughly). They quite simple and sturdy without the large battery pack.

The larger more powerful lamps are very good if your shooting from a car or have a shooting lamping friend to help shoot with so it really is down to how your going to shoot.

Best of luck as there is an endless choice out there. Prob best to avoid the chinese market though.

Cam

I Just got the LED Lenser P7 gunlight kit, fantastic piece of kit, using it on a wide angle setting its quiet a soft light that doesnt spook the prey and simply lights their eyes up when they are hidden in the hedges.

On spot focus it realy does stun them, very bright indeed, draw backs are as its an LED bulb you need to be creative with filters as the colour of the light is not the same as a standards bulb, however a couple of red quality street wrappers over the light gives for a pink light that works OK.

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/professional-torches/led-lenser-p7-inc-gun-mount-pressure-switch.html

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advise! just bought the cluelite SL1 shootalite Package and will let you know how i get on!

if its as good as my laserlite gl4 you will be well happy with it Jenx296

niel

all i can say is...SH*T HOT LAMP!!Even better with the red filter

Edited by jenx269

phantom did a link to a nice small gun mounted ultra fire torch set for under 30 squid a while back, i got mine from there but havent had the time to go llamping with it yet, i'm sure he'd give you the link tho mate. it seems like a really good torch tho, more than powerful enough for airgun use.

all the best, wurz

Thanks for the advise wurz but i have already bought the cluelite shootalite lamp package with a red filter and is perfect for what i want it for.it comes with a scope mount,mains charger,car charger and the lamp itself is fairly light.excellent piece of kit....cheers

jenx