i cot two fuckers trying to take my 2 front spots of my jeep while i was sitting in hte boot an i seen 2 travelers pull lead with a nice patterdale out off an owl mans hand an try an run off with it . while men hi dont give a f**k if i tryed any tat shit id prob be still in hospital . other than tat good show worth the run

That's shocking. What did they say when they were caught? I hate the way they act like victims! :thumbdown:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate think so   My terrier won her race today lol   atb   sg

Posted Images

Good God - sorry to hear about your pup Carraghsgem - glad now I didn't travel down - my young fella wanted to take down his new 10 wk old pup and no doubt it would have been stolen off him and he may have copped a couple of thumps too defending it.

Not sure what else to say other than organisers should also bring about seperate security for the dog area (doormen with batons and shockers).

Funny didn't hear of any throuble at Ballinlough other than the whippet left behind and didn't see any tinkers/gippos or travellers at the Antrim show (nor the need for police either).

Carraghsgem - sorry again :(

Won't be making plans for Birr either next year. No excuse for these sort of complaints.

Good God - sorry to hear about your pup Carraghsgem - glad now I didn't travel down - my young fella wanted to take down his new 10 wk old pup and no doubt it would have been stolen off him and he may have copped a couple of thumps too defending it.

Not sure what else to say other than organisers should also bring about seperate security for the dog area (doormen with batons and shockers).

Funny didn't hear of any throuble at Ballinlough other than the whippet left behind and didn't see any tinkers/gippos or travellers at the Antrim show (nor the need for police either).

Won't be making plans for Birr either next year. No excuse for these sort of complaints.

now thatll be the day that man has an excuse for everything :blink: his first posts about the show slated another fair,but thats ok he had 180 stands NOT

id still like to know why i had to pay 5 euro and the lad from the north parked beside me payed 3 sterling as the last time i checked they were near the same ?

why was the lurcher judge not in for dog of the day?

700 lurcher people at 15 ahead plus 5 euro a class per dog =A NICE DAYS PAY :toast:

BUT THEY MAKE NO MONEY albert i went to your show and on the grand scale of it had a good enough day but for you to start slating any show it boils my p*ss{woops there i go letting my common lurcher keeping self out again}ive been 3 years running and heard and seen most of it all before.its a good enough day out but when you run others down you undo that good luck signed Dee mc carthy

id rather a pup was lifted on me than on a young-un, im big enough + ugly enough to take it in my stride after a couple of hours curseing like a deranged lunatic :icon_redface:

if it had been either of my 2 other dogs that i had with me i would have gone straight down to limerick with vendetta the likes of which has never been seen :gunsmilie:

dont let it put you off going to birr or any other gamefair though, just be very very security consious, make certain vehicles are secure and kids + dogs are within your sight at ALL TIMES.

atb, gem.

ALBERTJ,if you had that many security around the dog rings they must have been shittin themselves and hid cause I had a load of the travelers around me trying there best to rob the dogs and it was quiet evidet to all around me what was happening.Your security did a piss poor job at making their prescence felt because you can be sure I would have approached them and pointed out those that were constantly hassling people.I had a 15 year old son with me and we left early as we couldnt walk about in peace.We went to the main fair area and the bas.ards followed us the whole way down.Ive thought about it today and ive decided I wont be supporting the show again,I could have stayed at home and got hassle from the wife for free,instead I paid 15 euros to be accosted by fu.kin vermin that I wouldnt let the front tyres of my car roll over,I was dissapointed more for my son though because over the weeks befor the show he did nothing but look forward to the event,now he doesnt want to ever go again.I think that really sums what a shambles the security was,if there was any at all.I agree it is the people that are attending the show that have to look out for their property but also It must be put that the organisers of the show take a little responsibility for what took place on the day also.This is my opinion as i am entitled to,im not saying Im right or wrong but I find the attitude of organisers of these type of shows a little arrogant,kind of ''tough shit guys,deal with it''.NOW THATS ME DONE :bye:

Totally agree with jigsaw,the organisers bragged about the huge prize fund when the class winners in the terriers didnt even get a bag of dog food.First time i saw crossbreds in same class as borders,then insult to injury one won.€35 entrance fee for family then €6 for some of rides in the kids area, then €5 to enter in terrier/lurcher show rip off ireland still alive and well.Finally the knackers,this is supposed to be a family day out but these scumbags had kids terrified by their constant hassle of dog owners,in future there wont be enough dogs to judge because owners dont feel safe.We wont go again but look forward to the smaller terrier/lurcher shows around the country they have a far higher standard of dogs (and humans).atb Burrowman.

ALBERTJ,if you had that many security around the dog rings they must have been shittin themselves and hid cause I had a load of the travelers around me trying there best to rob the dogs and it was quiet evidet to all around me what was happening.Your security did a piss poor job at making their prescence felt because you can be sure I would have approached them and pointed out those that were constantly hassling people.I had a 15 year old son with me and we left early as we couldnt walk about in peace.We went to the main fair area and the bas.ards followed us the whole way down.Ive thought about it today and ive decided I wont be supporting the show again,I could have stayed at home and got hassle from the wife for free,instead I paid 15 euros to be accosted by fu.kin vermin that I wouldnt let the front tyres of my car roll over,I was dissapointed more for my son though because over the weeks befor the show he did nothing but look forward to the event,now he doesnt want to ever go again.I think that really sums what a shambles the security was,if there was any at all.I agree it is the people that are attending the show that have to look out for their property but also It must be put that the organisers of the show take a little responsibility for what took place on the day also.This is my opinion as i am entitled to,im not saying Im right or wrong but I find the attitude of organisers of these type of shows a little arrogant,kind of ''tough shit guys,deal with it''.NOW THATS ME DONE :bye:

Totally agree with jigsaw,the organisers bragged about the huge prize fund when the class winners in the terriers didnt even get a bag of dog food.First time i saw crossbreds in same class as borders,then insult to injury one won.€35 entrance fee for family then €6 for some of rides in the kids area, then €5 to enter in terrier/lurcher show rip off ireland still alive and well.Finally the knackers,this is supposed to be a family day out but these scumbags had kids terrified by their constant hassle of dog owners,in future there wont be enough dogs to judge because owners dont feel safe.We wont go again but look forward to the smaller terrier/lurcher shows around the country they have a far higher standard of dogs (and humans).atb Burrowman.

Totally agree with both of you, could not have put it better my self. :thumbs:

Roll on Ballinlough, been going their now for the passed 2 years and all i can say is, lets hope it goes from strength to strength. :good:

Albert, you really need to step up your security and have more better mannered lads at the gates.. ;)

Sorry, but i was disappointed, it was like going to Ballinsloe horse fair, full of mad travelers ect... :thumbdown:

i have nothing against travellers but i was pissed of with them asking me how much was i was selling my dog for,even the younger ones were asking,they must be taught this from an early age.i thought the stalls were badly set up with them being all over the place,to much walking,won't be going to birr again,ballinglough and antrim were better,cheers......john

i have nothing against travellers but i was pissed of with them asking me how much was i was selling my dog for,even the younger ones were asking,they must be taught this from an early age.i thought the stalls were badly set up with them being all over the place,to much walking,won't be going to birr again,ballinglough and antrim were better,cheers......john

Its not just at game fairs these people pester you.Been hassled by this mob a few times on the street asking to buy my dogs.We get them in our area every year and a lot of dogs seem to go missing.Lost a few myself :censored:

Edited by Catcher 1

Firstly the prizes for the show were well advertised and delivered on.

As I have said before any travellers that were there were a very small proportion of the 32,000 people who attended and one cannot discriminate against anyone. We had a large security, stewarding and Garda presence in the Gate C parking area and at least one director or the site manager was present in the field at any time plus an extensive communication network. I DID NOT SAY THAT WE HAD THESE PEOPLE ROUND THE DOG RING- their responsibility was control of the field. NO ONE reported any of this trouble to us so how were we to deal with it. I think quite a few people can confirm that I visited the terrier and lurcher rings three times myself and on two occasions went up and down each side of the area on foot talking extensively to people with dogs and pups. At no time did I see any trouble otherwise it would have been dealt with as it was at our first shows at Clandeboye and Shanes Castle. We will not tolerate poor behaviour at our events but for us to take appropriate action you need to tell us about it when it happens not complain about it afterwards.

There was absolutely no poor behaviour on the main site.

AlbertJ

Edited by AlbertJ

where the fcuk were the stewards while all these filthy c**ts were goin around tryin to rob .

To get action on things such as this someone must report it. I repeat no one reported it to the HQ, the control point our security supervisor on the ground, the garda or or senior steward on the gate.

I wont be going next year to Birr fair, that's for sure.... :no:

The judge for the every man and his dog, said i should put my lurcher down, as she was too small for work and her being 22''.... :thumbdown:

I am very happy with her she does me very well.. ;)

I asked when i got their where the lurcher car park was and was tolled by a arogant twat, that their was no such thing and i had to go in the public car park, which, was miles away from the fair, being it was hot, my 2 dogs got hot walking backwards and forwards.... :thumbdown:

I also found, that the travellers that were their, were the most annoying feckers i have ever come across, the place was full of them, like the wasps....!!! :no:

Everything was well over priced as well, we are in a resetion don't forget.... :thumbdown:

Will never, go their again.... :no:

Ballinlough was far better.... :yes:

Blue One,

As most people will confirm the car parks were well signposted from each other and from all directions. I am sorry you failed to follow the correct signage. The several hundred of terrier & lurcher folks managed to find their way to Gate C quite comfortably.

The local Garda Supt personally approved our signposting!

We don't have 'arrogant twats' working for us at any gate and I take exception to you making this allegation. In fact if you want to throw comments like this about I would suggest that the epithet of 'twat' was more appropriate for someone who couldn't follow extensive signage.

The number of travellers amongst the record crowd of just under 32,000 was fairly negligible. We had a security man at each gate, 6 plus supervisor inside and over 35 stewards plus 6 garda. There were four security personnel in the terrier & lurcher field at any one time and I personally spent at least one third of my time in that area. In fact at any one time at least one of our four directors and/or the site manager was in the Mount Palmer /GateC car park area. The Garda complimented us on our overall control and stewarding of such a large attendance.

As you are no doubt aware it is illegal to discriminate against travellers or any group of people even if one was so inclined. It is up to people who attend any event to look after their property. I sympathise deeply with anyone who has lost their dogs as I once lost a complete litter of very well bred and valuable GSDs and a friend had his retriever of the year stolen after making it an international FTCh.

I will personally be happy to put up a reward for information resulting in the recovery of any stolen sporting dog through our magazine and website- It can work because when we put up such a reward last year for people taking down our posters in the Westmeath area we received excellent quality information which allowed us to identify the perpetrators.

Your allegation that everything was over priced at Birr is quite frankly a nonsense. Each stand had at least one bargain offer and most had several. PLus there was much more choice than at Ballinlough and such competition always means lower prices. I saw and took advantage of a number of real bargain buys from various stands. And of course while Ballinlough advertised 'over 180 trade stands' I have yet to meet ANYONE who saw anywhere near that number. The Ballinlough organisers also advertised that they were in partnership with CAI - CAI have denied this. WE HAD OVER 180 STANDS.

Traders, competitors and public who attended both fairs had absolutely no doubt which was the better fair and of course I have videos of both for those who did not attend one or other if anyone wishes to see the factual situation. As I have said I deal in facts not wild allegations.

You are of course entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided but it is not shared by organisations such as the NARGC,FISSTA, CAI, IFA COuntryside plus obviously the very much larger number of traders , competitors, sponsors and public involved in the Birr event. Or by the media which reported on the two events.

Ok Albert, sorry for the 'Twat' comment. :thumbs:

I will refraze what im was trying to say, in a nicer way.

I got into Birr town and just followed the sighns for game fair.

I did not see any sighn for lurcher and terrier car park, although, i was told that it was sign posted from the other end of town? :blink:

Now then, when i got to one of the entrances, i asked a steward, where the car park for lurcher and terriers were, he was very abrupt sand said this is the only car park for the public, which, was a long way, from the lurcher and terrier events.

Im not going to argue with ye, suffice to say, i wont be going next year.. :no:

Also, im sorry, but your security, was not the best, i have never seen so many bad, travelers in my life, that constantly hasseled me and my young son for our dogs!!! :(

How did these characters get in??? :hmm:

Now then, i am in no way, against travelers... :no: ..but, these were bad travelers, the sort that give good travelers a bad name.

On one stall, which was in ballinlough, their was a mouth fox call their, which was 10 euro, in birr, the same man, was asking 12 euro, for the same call? :blink:

This, is just my experince of yesterday and im sure, their was a lot more then me who totally enjoyed them selfs ect.. ;)

Thanks for withdrawing the twat - and I do similarly. Gate C was signposted from each of the other two gates, the town and outside the town.

Your example of one product that was more expensive at Ballinlough does not justify your accusation that the Birr Fair was a rip off. Some exhibitors did tell me they discounted some of their products at Ballinlough to try to recover their stand rental because sales were so poor. BUT there was more than one stand at Birr selling fox calls. Our research has shown people did enjoy the extensive range of stands, attractions and competitions at Birr.

And NO ONE reported the hassle with the travellers - why did you not do this?

AlbertJ

Albert

I was there a last year and was fed up getting asked yer doag fir sale had one timker even ask could he take the doag to show his mates put his hand on the lead he say told to f~~k off OOH only havin a bit of craick wiff yee came the reply heard of a bloke that hooked the leads of his terrers on the tow bar of a landrover the dogs went under the landrover for shade the bloke sat in the back of the landrover havin a cuppa pulled on the leads some crawled under the landrover and uclipped the terriers and they where gone I never will be back near this venue if I am I wont have a any of dogs with me

How can we deal with a complaint that is made AFTER the show. We will step up our security presence st the terrier & lurcher rings next year and if anyone is hassling anyone they will be ejected.

Last year I had a complaint about a few travellers selling bb guns and I ejected them personally. BUT to take action we have to have a complaint - why did you not make it at the show and it could have been dealt with quickly. We had enough stewards, security personnel and garda to deal with anything other than a full scale riot!

AlbertJ

I was there a last year and was fed up getting asked yer doag fir sale had one timker even ask could he take the doag to show his mates put his hand on the lead he say told to f~~k off OOH only havin a bit of craick wiff yee came the reply heard of a bloke that hooked the leads of his terrers on the tow bar of a landrover the dogs went under the landrover for shade the bloke sat in the back of the landrover havin a cuppa pulled on the leads some crawled under the landrover and uclipped the terriers and they where gone I never will be back near this venue if I am I wont have a any of dogs with me

Again this was not reported - we can't take action if its not reported.