Snowshoe hare

New Hampshire and other places have a lot of small scale beagling going on on snowshoe hares. No problem hunting with scent hounds there, at least in combination with firearms.

" a beagle with whippet or lucher pack should be interesting "

Is there someone on this board who has experience with beagles\snowshoe hares or can point towards links of interest in this matter?

regards,

L.

Guest Leveller

I've been out with beagles but it is a pack consisting of many Beagles hunted to the horn and whip much like foxhound packs we hunt the brown Hare with them on foot, but if it's Snowshoes you're intrested in look at some of the video clips on this site if you scroll down.

Snowshoes and Beagles

Thanks Leveller,

seen the vids already. Great, sound of these dogs "arouses"!, Long time since I heared that, brings back memories of armadillo hunting with dogs in the tropics.

But...still looking for anyone that uses running hounds next to the beagles or uses running hounds for anything in the NH area. The law looks good, hound hunts for bear coyote and hare no problem.

Big chance it won't be a problem using catch hounds instead of the whole arsenal of guns that is normal there.

There's a forum of course, beagleboard, but as usual I can't get on (cookies?).

L.

Edited by Lennard
  • Like 1