Longnetting

philg

Went out last night for a spot of long netting with a couple of lads for a bit of sport and to clear where I cant ferret. Really nice wind but that moon :censored: one minute clouded over next clear as a bell almost like daytime :angry: Well we didn't do too bad considering we only did 2 drops of 300 yards. Scooped 31 on the first drop and 13 on the second bonus was we were picking up nets ready to go home at 9.35 :D Well a drop of cider has to drunk by some folk before they can sleep :drink::rofl:

end result 44 clean bunnies in the bag in just over 1 1/2 hours

Here's a picture of the final bag. :whistle:

Just spoke to the land owner and he seems well pleased. Pity he can't part with a bit of money then :hmm: Jiff, Gerald, Rich :rofl: (still learning the ways of the countryside :11: ),Bod & Jeff thanks for your help last night.

Edited by philg

I've netted this place a few times now, it's all orchards surrounded by nice tall hedges. Depending on wind direction depends where abouts we set the nets obviously, but the next night we have a easterly wind should be a really good bag. :yahoo: We always do the long netting on moonlit nights because the rest of the moon phase we're out with the dogs or rifle. The last time I longnetted this place the ground was so hard/dry you could hardly push poles in there was no wind at all and we still got 40+ then :D The Rabbits around the area are really lamp shy as theres an old boy who drives around in his pickup truck with a 12g potting the odd 1 off :censored:

Edited by philg

Let me know where it is and i'll come and do it for you :whistle: :rofl:

Only kidding mate. Give it a try on a moonlit night :blink: see how you get on ;) I must admit we started walking the one part of the orchards in last night and I thought we were going to draw a blank :icon_redface:

when your banting the field, and you have the feeling of empty ness, you usually find you have a half decent bag :good:

i shall give it a go on a moonlit night.

just puts a myth straight into bed there, i have lost count how many times i have heard "you will NOT catch rabbits on a moonlit night"

Nice to see your spellings improving Phil. Not bad Camo that or just a dodgy man on the camera. Only glad I ain't got a good side!!!

:blink: Yes they should all be in the first photo(well you can just make there silohettes out) I think it's lucky for most folk that they cant see you mate :blink: