best air rifle

helloo,,, i currently have a BSA Supersport .22 and to recent count i have only had 60 bunnies all at very close range i feel this rifle doesn't have the knocking over power so could any one recomend a real rabbit pidgeon killing machine for under $200 many thanks

Guest king ratcatcher

I am with millet for sure, aslong as you hit them in the head there dead mate :clapper:

I used top have a lightning .22, i used logun penertrators most of the time, i used to shoot magpies crows pigeons, untold quarry with it, i chronoed it and it was only putting out 8 ftlb :)

if i can,t get a shot of at a rabbits head i don,t shoot,,simple and always take my shots no further than 35 yards ,,came to that conclusion years ago,,nothing worse than hitting a rabbit in the body and hearing that thump and see it crawl of ,,guilty of it when i was a kid and it still makes me cringe ,,get closer and aim for the noggin,,

have to say, same as above, if your not hitting with head shots, then the bunnies are crawling/jumping away and your making the animal suffer a painfall death, head shots only, and practise to make sure your hitting a mark at deside ranges, maybe your range finding skills are under par so your aiming at the larger area(body) rather than head, if so, try getting closer

dont want to sound like a moaner, but if you cant get head shots, dont shoot

A full power (12 fp) Supersport will have as much stopping power as any other non FAC .22 air rifle, weather its £100 or £1000 at the end of the day as long if you hit them in the head (well eye ear area) , they will die.

60 Bunnies isnt bad going anyway mate!

And I would of recomended the Supersport anyway lol, I love mine.

Edited by Hob&Jill

My second gun was a bsa supersport(meteor spelling,being my first gun)i shot quite a few rabbits and pigeons with it at ranges from 20 to 30 yds.Aim for the head and they drop straight down,Never go for body shots.Do you think your rifle could have a weak spring,which would result in loss of power,i would get it check first before buying another rifle just my opinon.Like is as been said 60 rabbits is not to be sniffed at.