7 replies to this topic

#1 sureshot

sureshot

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:42 am

helloo,,, i currently have a BSA Supersport .22 and to recent count i have only had 60 bunnies all at very close range i feel this rifle doesn't have the knocking over power so could any one recomend a real rabbit pidgeon killing machine for under $200 many thanks

#2 Guest_king ratcatcher_*

Guest_king ratcatcher_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:43 pm

I am with millet for sure, aslong as you hit them in the head there dead mate :clapper:
I used top have a lightning .22, i used logun penertrators most of the time, i used to shoot magpies crows pigeons, untold quarry with it, i chronoed it and it was only putting out 8 ftlb :)

#3 blackdug

blackdug

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:34 pm

if i can,t get a shot of at a rabbits head i don,t shoot,,simple and always take my shots no further than 35 yards ,,came to that conclusion years ago,,nothing worse than hitting a rabbit in the body and hearing that thump and see it crawl of ,,guilty of it when i was a kid and it still makes me cringe ,,get closer and aim for the noggin,,

#4 stubby

stubby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:23 pm

have to say, same as above, if your not hitting with head shots, then the bunnies are crawling/jumping away and your making the animal suffer a painfall death, head shots only, and practise to make sure your hitting a mark at deside ranges, maybe your range finding skills are under par so your aiming at the larger area(body) rather than head, if so, try getting closer

dont want to sound like a moaner, but if you cant get head shots, dont shoot

#5 Guest_Magwitch_*

Guest_Magwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:49 pm

good sound advice there stubby, maybe he also needs to brush up on his fieldcraft has well in order to get a bit closer to his quarry :hmm:

#6 Hob&Jill

Hob&Jill

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:05 pm

A full power (12 fp) Supersport will have as much stopping power as any other non FAC .22 air rifle, weather its £100 or £1000 at the end of the day as long if you hit them in the head (well eye ear area) , they will die.

60 Bunnies isnt bad going anyway mate!

And I would of recomended the Supersport anyway lol, I love mine.

Edited by Hob&Jill, 06 December 2006 - 10:06 pm.

#7 MR TEA POT

MR TEA POT

The Uncle Fester Lookalike

• Donator
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:27 pm

My second gun was a bsa supersport(meteor spelling,being my first gun)i shot quite a few rabbits and pigeons with it at ranges from 20 to 30 yds.Aim for the head and they drop straight down,Never go for body shots.Do you think your rifle could have a weak spring,which would result in loss of power,i would get it check first before buying another rifle just my opinon.Like is as been said 60 rabbits is not to be sniffed at.

#8 bullsmilk

bullsmilk

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:43 pm

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users