Five Nations and Irish Game & Country Fair

This year in response to criticism of our event organisers, our judges and our prize structure I made a large personal commitment to the terier & lurcher events and a commitment to address all of these criticisms. Through working with the organising club club , Foxgun Tom, Sponsors and our Fair Directors we have put in place a prestigious championship whereby the top Irish terriers can compete against top dogs from the UK for a great title and fantastic prizes on home soil. We have picked good judges , produced the best prize fund ever in Ireland and sited the event with good ringside parking in the centre of the fair. In short we and others have invested time, money and effort to bring terrier, lurcher and whippet showing and racing full on a par or higher than any of our other events and much superior to any other show in Ireland. In fact the top prizes are better than the top dogs get at Crufts.

As a little exercise I costed how much we all have invested this year and the expenses and prizes association with Shanes & Birr comes to well over £10,000 ( see Prizes at Birr below)

And what have we got for this :

Our judges reputations have been impugned; wild allegations such as SHAM and FIX have been thrown about;our organisers criticised most unfairly; our Game Fairs which are recognised as unquestionably the best in Ireland by exhibitors, countrysports bodies,the media, tourism bodies and competitors in all other sports have been attacked through ill informed and inaccurate innuendo and compared unfavourably with tiny much hyped events.

Yes I have had lots of messages of support from people who don't want to voice their opinions on the forum as they are fearful of abuse and the loudest voices on the forum appear to have come from people with their own agenda who appear to want to take terrier and lurcher showing back to the dark ages or back to being very much a side event segregated outside the main fair.

Now my challenge to the ordinary terrier and lurcher people is to speak up and give your opinion because quite honestly I, for one, will be thinking very hard about whether to make a similar or larger investment in terriers and lurchers in 2011 if the only result is to have my team of organisers abused or our shows attacked unfairly.

The ROI TERRIER, LURCHER & WHIPPET CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZES

Irish Game & Country Fair, Birr Castle 28th & 29th August

SHOWING

OVERALL SHOW CHAMPION €50 + Tankard

CHAMPION TERRIER €50 + Tankard + Dog Food PLUS this is the ROI QUALIFIER for the FIVE NATIONS INTERNATIONAL TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIPS with over €2,000 in prizes. THE Champion Terrier also wins €50 expenses from the Five Nations Prize Fund.

CHAMPION LURCHER €50 + Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION WHIPPET €50 + Tankard+ Dog Food

PUPPY CHAMPION Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION PET Trophy + Dog Food

LURCHER & WHIPPET RACING

1st PLACED WHIPPET RECEIVES €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED WHIPPET RECEIVES Trophy

1st PLACED OVER 23” LURCHER €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED LURCHER RECEIVES Trophy

1st PLACED UNDER 23” LURCHER RECEIVES €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED UNDER 23” LURCHER RECEIVES Trophy

TERRIER RACING

1st PLACED TERRIER – TROPHY + Rosette +Dog Food

ENTRY FEE IN ALL CLASSES : £3 or €5

NEW Irish Countryports & Country Life ROI PUPPY CHAMPIONSHIP judged by Mathew Lee Jnr.

Selected from: Champion Terrier Puppy; Champion Whippet Puppy and Champion Lurcher Puppy

Overall champion puppy receives engraved tankard plus championship rosette plus annual subscription to the Irish Countrysports and Life magazine .

The NEW Redmills/Irish Countrysports and Country Life Five Nations Working Terrier Championship:

for the first time Birr will host a qualifier and the final of this unique event judged by a three judge system. Here the top dogs of the terrier world from across Ireland and the UK will compete for this new and highly prestigious terrier crown. The top terrier at Birr will meet the qualifier from Shanes Castle , a qualifier from the famous Scottish Neilston Working Dog Club Show; English qualifiers from the Yorkshire Game Fair and the Earth Dog Running Dog Show and a Welsh qualifier from the famous North Wales Chirk Show.

Top prize includes a specially engraved champion’s tankard and a Champion’s Five Nations Cup to be won outright and a Perpetual Mask Trophy; a painting of the winning dog by famous Liverpool artist David L Prescott and €500; a framed limited edition print; and a special Terrier Box plus Redmills dog food in total worth over €2,000.

Each finalist receives a Leather Terrier couple; a limited edition tankard; a limited edition presentation plate, Redmills Dog Food , an annual subscription to Irish Countrysports and Country Life Ireland’s leading plus their accommodation paid for by the clubs organising the qualifiers , their travel paid and €50 expenses.

f I provided the same sort of prizes and investment for a pedigree dog show or indeed any other event - would we get the same abuse? I think not!

Edited by AlbertJ

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does'nt your latest post surprise me? as well as a liar and a welcher you really are as thick as feck! you've just referred to me as an Englishman eg: "ock aye ye sasanack" Nothing wrong with

First of all no Terrier Judge at Harewood travelled down to Harewood with me from Scotland and spent the weekend with me, The terrer judge your reffering to is the terrierman from The Lanarkshire and

CHEATS, IMPOSTER'S , LIARS, MP'S, FOOTBALLER'S, WAG'S, MOVIE STAR'S just men who have the audacity to own and work terriers the terrier game has all ways attracted the green eyed monster

Posted Images

right foxgun tom,you say your a senior judge so can you tell us what shows you have judged as everybody knows you don't have terriers or do terrier work and the only show u have judged was 4 ddtimber at durham last year. lol guess who won it danny sykes the same danny sykes picked the judges at the yorkshire game fair at haywood house and 1 of your scotch friends that travelled down with u and spent the weekend with danny sykes and put his black dog up on the 1st day and danny sykes other friend put his 9n a half yr old bitch up on the 2nd day judge from staffordshire put his 9n a half yr old bitch through to represent England in the 5 nations international terrier championship. IF THAT DOESN'T STINK TELL ME [bANNED TEXT] DOES! now foxgun tom tell us all the shows u have judged. when irish people see the state of the dogs that are being sent over to represent Wales n England they will have 2nd thoughts about asking u and danny sykes because all u r is 2 wannabe cheats if u cant come on and tell us what shows u have judged it shows what u r. nothing a nobody.

i am just an honest terrierman and im sick of all the cheating that goes on in yorkshire by danny sykes and foxgun tom [bANNED TEXT] makes u experienced enough as a judge 2 judge any show nevermind :toast: the 5 nations terrier championship

First of all no Terrier Judge at Harewood travelled down to Harewood with me from Scotland and spent the weekend with me, The terrer judge your reffering to is the terrierman from The Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Hunt and his very much well respected for his integrity and honesty!

Secondly This Judge you mentioned had never met the person you've named before in his life!! (Fact)

Thirdly, there is no 9 and a half year old dog in this champion ship representing England (Fact)

You made a bet that a 9 and a half year old dog will win the five nation's championship,

I bet you a hundred pounds one would'nt!! and that you should give the money to the Lyme's disease charity BADA-UK

you welched out of that! and renaged, that's how honest a terrier man you are!! Give the charity the fecking money its due

Fourthly, the person you mentioned who qualified at Harewood House went had the hardest route to go through to qualify has he had to go through not one but three independant judge's (are they all corrupt?)

Fifthly, I took no part in appointing the judges at Harewood the only exception was I drove the Lurcher judge from Scotland to Yorkshire. Also the Scottish lad who judged was asked to step in at the last moment as a replacement as the first appointed judge did'nt turn up!!

If I don't have terriers why am I a member of a Terrier Club in Scotland "NELSTON WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION"? your also misinformed that I don't dig!!

The only thing you have got right so far is that I also keep gundog's!!

I was also a member of the old "RENFREWSHIRE WORKING TERRIER CLUB" in the late 70's early 80's and bred and worked Russells for over 25 years from a line that originated in Neilston

When I went back to college as a mature student in the 90's "Scottish Agiricultural College, Auchencruive, Ayr studying "Countryside Management and Conservation" my dissertation/thesis was entitled "THE MODERN DAY ROLE of THE WORKING TERRIER" a title borrowed! but a work based on experience, other research and a great deal of help from people like Barrie Wade of the NWTF is a gentleman of Barrie's standard corrupt I don't think so!!

You've also implied elsewhere that the qualifier from Harewoods friend is judging the five nations that's also a lie! he's not!!

I know at least or have met all the qualifiers except one and that will be remedied soon!

I don't give a feck who's game fair is better, or what any club or individual does, this event is is part of the attractions at a gamefair, exactly the same as the falconry display, terrier racing etc:

There's a three judge system the judge's have'nt met each other yet and can't confer on the day or see each others scorecard, which will be independantly marked!, qualifiers and their friends and families are travelling from different ferry ports.

What I see here is a grudge match between you and a qualifier? and your the antagonist? the lad has offered to pull out because he did'nt want to embarrass me or the main sponsors at Birr and we've both made it clear he stay's

I'll make it clear again and in language you might understand? your talking shite, shit stirring and telling downright lies eg: a 9 and a half year old dog is representing England, its not fecking happening!!

You've also been most distrespectful to the Irish eg:

:as for good dogs in ireland really all bought and shipped from the mainland from about 6 show and breeding names,TRUE OR NOT?the irish terriers were bent legged white mis fucks a few years ago before they started shipping lakeys over from uk,FACT!"

Have you never heard of Glen of Immalls, Kerry-blues, Wheaton's or the Irish Terrier or even some of the strongdogs bred there?? is your knowledge of the Irish and terriers that limited?

Your a liar and a welcher, give the charity its money!!!

Tom

Ps: you forgot to add that I also threw out one of the Yorkshire Qualifier's dogs out of the ring in the past because it was lame and in no fit condition to be in the ring or judged!!

right foxgun tom,you say your a senior judge so can you tell us what shows you have judged as everybody knows you don't have terriers or do terrier work and the only show u have judged was 4 ddtimber at durham last year. lol guess who won it danny sykes the same danny sykes picked the judges at the yorkshire game fair at haywood house and 1 of your scotch friends that travelled down with u and spent the weekend with danny sykes and put his black dog up on the 1st day and danny sykes other friend put his 9n a half yr old bitch up on the 2nd day judge from staffordshire put his 9n a half yr old bitch through to represent England in the 5 nations international terrier championship. IF THAT DOESN'T STINK TELL ME [bANNED TEXT] DOES! now foxgun tom tell us all the shows u have judged. when irish people see the state of the dogs that are being sent over to represent Wales n England they will have 2nd thoughts about asking u and danny sykes because all u r is 2 wannabe cheats if u cant come on and tell us what shows u have judged it shows what u r. nothing a nobody.

i am just an honest terrierman and im sick of all the cheating that goes on in yorkshire by danny sykes and foxgun tom [bANNED TEXT] makes u experienced enough as a judge 2 judge any show nevermind :toast: the 5 nations terrier championship

Edited by Foxgun Tom
  • Like 1

i have read this topic from day one and tried to rise above it but i suppose i need to answer

i didn,t pick any of the judge,s at harewood the first days judge was picked at ring side a guy who up until that day i had never met as the one for that day din,t turn up he put my 9 and a half year old bitch through ( who is actually 11 still fit still working and more importantly to you still winning )a top guy though but he didn,t spend the weekend with me

the second day judge who i do know but i know lots of people put my 4 year old dog up

the lad from staffordshire put the 4 year old dog through to the irish finals

well thats three seperate judge,s that i have had to pay off or bend there will !! do you think that they dont have a mind of there own ??

now lets go over the water

there are three more judge,s

one from scotland who is known by at least 3 of the other finalist as well as me the guy is well known in the terrier world

1 from ireland who i have never met !!dont know about any of the other finalists

and one from wales i have met him twice once five years ago and once a couple of years ago not exactlly living in each others pockets now are we

now i know a lot of people ,up and down the country i wont show under the ones that i have been out with on a regular basis ,, i didnt show at the south lake,s show last year becuse a good mate was judging

but you must think that i have a lot of pull to influence six judge,s i cant do hypnosis and i dont have a lot of cash to pay them all off not to mention the organisers

i have done a lot of things i have even qualified 10 of my own dogs for my show the edrd if you listen the B/S that goes around the shows but i dont need to cheat and i dont see how you can . im sure albert ( who i have only spoken to once when i asked him if he wanted me to pull my dog out to stop this shit ) would stop anything spioling his show but his answer was no so that will do for me

as for staying in the same hotel ... im in a cottage with 5 mates 4 who i hunt with and one who i hope to . ...should be fun

now the only thing to do is wonder what to do if and its a big IF i win ..

the dog,s i have seen that are going through are top quality all champions in ther own right in the field where it counts( i have even dug to one of them ) not the show field thats just bit of fun or so it should be

im there for the craic win or lose..........

oh i forgot its a done deal

''''ATB

why the big obsession with DS?

The man is the biggest crictic of his dog's!!

Why give him shit for breeding and working some good dog's?

As for foxgun tom the man should praised for his commitment to working dog's

As for paying off the judges ha come on do you really think that?

why the big obsession with DS?

The man is the biggest crictic of his dog's!!

Why give him shit for breeding and working some good dog's?

As for foxgun tom the man should praised for his commitment to working dog's

As for paying off the judges ha come on do you really think that?

i agree :yes: but want to keep a bit of distance from this entire dispute.

Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it. ~ Honore de Balzac

CHEATS, IMPOSTER'S , LIARS, :icon_eek:

MP'S, FOOTBALLER'S, WAG'S, MOVIE STAR'S :icon_eek::no:

just men who have the audacity to own and work terriers :yes:

the terrier game has all ways attracted the green eyed monster

but to throw accusation of cheating , fixing, and rigging,is sad

what do the accused stand to gain , A SILVER CUP :yes:

EXPENSES PAID TO BARBADOS :no:

THE USA :no:

EUROPE :no:

IRELAND : :yes: :

terrier couplings :yes:

dog biscuits :yes:

a shovel :yes:

no disrepect lads but aint like the tornado scandal with the Saudi government is it

the biggest shame is the old BITCH TONIC AIN'T GOING AS ANY TERRIER MAN WHO KNOWS

HIS STUFF WOULD GIVE THE OLD GIRL A SECOND LOOK , GOOD LUCK DS AND TOM, FRAN ETC

ENJOY YOUR WEEK END AND MAY THE BEST TERRIER WIN :thumbs:

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

CHEATS, IMPOSTER'S , LIARS, :icon_eek:

MP'S, FOOTBALLER'S, WAG'S, MOVIE STAR'S :icon_eek::no:

just men who have the audacity to own and work terriers :yes:

the terrier game has all ways attracted the green eyed monster

but to throw accusation of cheating , fixing, and rigging,is sad

what do the accused stand to gain , A SILVER CUP :yes:

EXPENSES PAID TO BARBADOS :no:

THE USA :no:

EUROPE :no:

IRELAND : :yes: :

terrier couplings :yes:

dog biscuits :yes:

a shovel :yes:

no disrepect lads but aint like the tornado scandal with the Saudi government is it

the biggest shame is the old BITCH TONIC AIN'T GOING AS ANY TERRIER MAN WHO KNOWS

HIS STUFF WOULD GIVE THE OLD GIRL A SECOND LOOK , GOOD LUCK DS AND TOM, FRAN ETC

ENJOY YOUR WEEK END AND MAY THE BEST TERRIER WIN :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

First of all no Terrier Judge at Harewood travelled down to Harewood with me from Scotland and spent the weekend with me, The terrer judge your reffering to is the terrierman from The Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Hunt and his very much well respected for his integrity and honesty!

Secondly This Judge you mentioned had never met the person you've named before in his life!! (Fact)

Thirdly, there is no 9 and a half year old dog in this champion ship representing England (Fact)

You made a bet that a 9 and a half year old dog will win the five nation's championship,

I bet you a hundred pounds one would'nt!! and that you should give the money to the Lyme's disease charity BADA-UK

you welched out of that! and renaged, that's how honest a terrier man you are!! Give the charity the fecking money its due

Fourthly, the person you mentioned who qualified at Harewood House went had the hardest route to go through to qualify has he had to go through not one but three independant judge's (are they all corrupt?)

Fifthly, I took no part in appointing the judges at Harewood the only exception was I drove the Lurcher judge from Scotland to Yorkshire. Also the Scottish lad who judged was asked to step in at the last moment as a replacement as the first appointed judge did'nt turn up!!

If I don't have terriers why am I a member of a Terrier Club in Scotland "NELSTON WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION"? your also misinformed that I don't dig!!

I was also a member of the old "RENFREWSHIRE WORKING TERRIER CLUB" in the late 70's early 80's and bred and worked Russells for over 25 years from a line that originated in Neilston

When I went back to college as a mature student in the 90's "Scottish Agiricultural College, Auchencruive, Ayr studying "Countryside Management and Conservation" my dissertation/thesis was entitled "THE MODERN DAY ROLE of THE WORKING TERRIER" a title borrowed! but a work based on experience, other research and a great deal of help from people like Barrie Wade of the NWTF is a gentleman of Barrie's standard corrupt I don't think so!!

You've also implied elsewhere that the qualifier from Harewoods friend is judging the five nations that's also a lie! he's not!!

I know at least or have met all the qualifiers except one and that will be remedied soon!

I don't give a feck who's game fair is better, or what any club or individual does, this event is is part of the attractions at a gamefair, exactly the same as the falconry display, terrier racing etc:

There's a three judge system the judge's have'nt met each other yet and can't confer on the day or see each others scorecard, which will be independantly marked!, qualifiers and their friends and families are travelling from different ferry ports.

What I see here is a grudge match between you and a qualifier? and your the antagonist? the lad has offered to pull out because he did'nt want to embarrass me or the main sponsors at Birr and we've both made it clear he stay's

I'll make it clear again and in language you might understand? your talking shite, shit stirring and telling downright lies eg: a 9 and a half year old dog is representing England, its not fecking happening!!

:as for good dogs in ireland really all bought and shipped from the mainland from about 6 show and breeding names,TRUE OR NOT?the irish terriers were bent legged white mis fucks a few years ago before they started shipping lakeys over from uk,FACT!"

Have you never heard of Glen of Immalls, Kerry-blues, Wheaton's or the Irish Terrier or even some of the strongdogs bred there?? is your knowledge of the Irish and terriers that limited?

Tom

Ps: you forgot to add that I also threw out one of the Yorkshire Qualifier's dogs out of the ring in the past because it was lame and in no fit condition to be in the ring or judged!!

You never answered the question, Foxgun Tom, what other shows have you judged? One would expect that a show which potentially has the ability to turn into a prestigious annual event, only experienced judges should judge the show.

I'm glad to see Dogman71 raised the issue of Danny Sykes relationships with judges, this is'nt the first time an eyebrow has been raised. It was only two years ago he drove a judge to the Cheshire gameshow and dropped him at the gate to walk in. Danny not surprisingly picked up the trophy and drove the man back home again. The judge was stupid enough to tell people on the day. The judge and the winner is on the website for all to see. I also would like to point out that it was Danny not you, as you have already stated, that picked the judge for Haywood House and alas got top spot. Danny is well known in Yorkshire and further afield for his scheming ways.

Lets hope the right dog wins on the day or Albert and the rest of Ireland will see what a sham use are

Tom

You never answered the question, Foxgun Tom, what other shows have you judged? One would expect that a show which potentially has the ability to turn into a prestigious annual event, only experienced judges should judge the show.

I'm glad to see Dogman71 raised the issue of Danny Sykes relationships with judges, this is'nt the first time an eyebrow has been raised. It was only two years ago he drove a judge to the Cheshire gameshow and dropped him at the gate to walk in. Danny not surprisingly picked up the trophy and drove the man back home again. The judge was stupid enough to tell people on the day. The judge and the winner is on the website for all to see. I also would like to point out that it was Danny not you, as you have already stated, that picked the judge for Haywood House and alas got top spot. Danny is well known in Yorkshire and further afield for his scheming ways.

Lets hope the right dog wins on the day or Albert and the rest of Ireland will see what a sham use are

SPITANDSPADE NEWBIE JOINED TODAY DID YOU GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS DOGMAN71 YOU BOTH WRITE THE SAME CANT SPELL ITS HAREWOOD NOT HAYWOOD

COME ON FESS UP IS IT YOUR TWIN

OR ARE YOU THE SHAME LITTLE SHIT STIRERS JUST TRYING TO CAUSE A STINK

GROW UP WHO GIVES A XXXX

IV SEEN THIS SPELLING SOMEWARE BEFORE

Edited by THEDOGSWATSITS

A belter of your first and only post so far spitandspade did you only come on under another name dogman71 to reinforce your post!

Lets just say I have judged in the past and had over 40 years involvement with the working terrier, This concept of the five nations working terrier champion was mine! but I never asked to be the Scottish judge and I won't be doing it again other people put forward the notion of me judging!!

I'll tell you what if you are dogman71 give bada-uk the £100 and if you want consider judging the championship in the future and I'll even introduce you the Scottish terrier judge you've accused of lack of integrity and inappropriate behaviour

Tom

Ps: The organisers of the terrier and lurcher show picked the scottish terrier judge at Harewood not the lad who qualified!! Therefore it seem's your lying again!!

Pps: my last post until after the competition

Edited by Foxgun Tom

A belter of your first and only post so far? did you only come on under another name dogman71 to reinforce your post!

Lets just say I have judged in the past and had over 40 years involvement with the working terrier, This concept of the five nations working terrier champion was mine! but I never asked to be the Scottish judge and I won't be doing it again other people put forward the notion of me judging!!

I'll tell you what if you are dogman71 give bada-uk the £100 and if you want consider judging the championship in the future and I'll even introduce you the Scottish terrier judge you've accused of lack of integrity and inappropriate behaviour

Tom

Ps: my last post until after the competition

NOT A BRAIN CELL TO RUB TOGETHER