Feeders for flight ponds

Can anyone tell me if WILD duck will use feeders ie pheasant type feeders situated in pond margins. Would be interested to hear from anyone who HAS used them. :thumbs:

are you talking about the ones that scatter the feed into the ponds themselves?they are set on a timer.

wild duck use the scatter ones.a lot of people use them in ponds that they cant feed easily ie ones that are a long distance away and they dont have the time to hand feed the pond.

i havent personally used one but i know of people that have and they recommend them.

think that you can buy them at www.tidepool.co.uk

Can anyone tell me if WILD duck will use feeders ie pheasant type feeders situated in pond margins. Would be interested to hear from anyone who HAS used them. :thumbs:

Hi bell, don't know if it's the done thing but we have a large plastic barrel with a pheasant spring feeder fitted to the bottom and the wild ducks love it.Took them no time at all to start using it. We fill it fortnightly as it's a long travel to pond from home so can't hand feed the pond.

Used this method for three years (now thinking of adding another) and always good numbers of duck on the pond so they must be happy enough.

ATB Mick

Thats the job Mick :thumbs: Thats what i was thinking of, i have taken a few pheasant spring type feeders down to the pond and wanted to know it could be done. Have tried the auto feeder with poor result, not an expensive one and water got into the electrics and knacked the job.

Laziness on my part really, means i will only potter down a couple of times a week to scatter a bit of feed and see all is well :thumbs::thumbs:

Why feed every bird in the place if it just ducks you are after. Get it fired in at the edge of the water in a shallow bit and let them work away at it. :thumbs: