5 Nations Terrier Show (Ireiand)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last and only post on this particular matter, until after the final! I object strongly to the accusation that this final is fixed or compromised! its an attack on me personally,on my i

Hi,can someone please tell me when & where the 5 Nations is going to be.Ive seen it in an advert at some time but can`t remember where it was.

thanks in advance.

found this on the shanes castle webpage, says the final is birr castle;-

Terriers & Lurchers – Irish Countrysports and Country Life, Barbour All Ireland Terrier and Lurcher Racing (Saturday) Irish Countrysports and Country Life, Barbour All Ireland Terrier and Lurcher Championships Show (Sunday) - Qualifier for the Redmills Five Nations International Terrier Championships ( Final at Birr)

Hi,can someone please tell me when & where the 5 Nations is going to be.Ive seen it in an advert at some time but can`t remember where it was.

thanks in advance.

Ditch,

The Five Nations International Working Terrier Championships take place at the Irish Game and Country Fair Birr Castle, Co Offaly on Sunday 29th August after the final Irish qualifier is chosen at the ROI Terrier & Lurcher Championship Show at Birr. The six finalists will be judged in the main arena by a three judge system one judge from Ireland, one from Scotland and one from Wales at c 16.40 on the Sunday.

Full details at www.irishgameandcountryfair.com under Events /terriers

Albert

thanks in advance.

found this on the shanes castle webpage, says the final is birr castle;-

Terriers & Lurchers – Irish Countrysports and Country Life, Barbour All Ireland Terrier and Lurcher Racing (Saturday) Irish Countrysports and Country Life, Barbour All Ireland Terrier and Lurcher Championships Show (Sunday) - Qualifier for the Redmills Five Nations International Terrier Championships ( Final at Birr)

thanks in advance.

Ditch,

The Five Nations International Working Terrier Championships take place at the Irish Game and Country Fair Birr Castle, Co Offaly on Sunday 29th August after the final Irish qualifier is chosen at the ROI Terrier & Lurcher Championship Show at Birr. The six finalists will be judged in the main arena by a three judge system one judge from Ireland, one from Scotland and one from Wales at c 16.40 on the Sunday.

Full details at www.irishgameandcountryfair.com under Events /terriers

Albert

Albert,

Will there be a lurcher show on sunday,for anyone to enter or is it purely a finals show like the terriers 5 nation final.

thanks Ditch

Ditch,

The main event on Sunday from 1.30 is the ROI Terrier , Lurcher & Whippet Championships open to all entrant see http://irishgameandcountryfair.com/terriers.asp. You can most certainly bring your dog to compete.

The Terrier Championship is the last qualifier for the Five Nations Championships. The winner of the Birr Terrier Championships will go forward to meet the other five finalists after the judgeing of the ROI championships is over.

AlbertJ

Ditch,

The main event on Sunday from 1.30 is the ROI Terrier , Lurcher & Whippet Championships open to all entrant see http://irishgameandcountryfair.com/terriers.asp. You can most certainly bring your dog to compete.

The Terrier Championship is the last qualifier for the Five Nations Championships. The winner of the Birr Terrier Championships will go forward to meet the other five finalists after the judgeing of the ROI championships is over.

AlbertJwhats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand :toast:

Ditch,

AlbertJwhats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand :toast:

Well I haven't seen any of the dogs that have qualified except the one at Shanes which certainly was not 9.5 years of age and obviously the qualifer from Birr has not been chosen yet - so anyone has a chance to win that qualifier and as you will have seen all qualifiers get excellent prizes as does the Birr Champion. I can assure you that the Birr qualifier is not fixed and as the final is being judged by a three judge system I cannot see how that can be fixed.

I judge at Championship level at KC shows and if you ask anyone I judge the dogs fairly and I value this reputation. I expect the same level of impartiality of any judges that judge at our shows. If there was the slightest hint of a 'fix' in this competition into which we have put a great deal of time, money and energy I would not be involved. I hope you do come to the event and watch the judging and of course I hope you are proved to be wrong.

Albert

Ditch,

This will be my last and only post on this particular matter, until after the final! I object strongly to the accusation that this final is fixed or compromised! its an attack on me personally,on my integrity and honesty as the organiser and senior judge! and for all those who took part in the competition to date! and those who have so far qualified

All qualifers went through stringent judging to qualify! and some had to go through more stringent judging than than other's!. All the qualifier judge's were terrier men of some standing and integrity which you insult as well?

How can you fix a final with three Judge's who don't know each other, can't confer at the final, and who are judging on a scorecard/points system

Not one Judge can decide on an ultimate winner, The winner will be deceided by winning points tallied up by an independant adutactor and witnessed plus verified!

My lifelong view is that show's are the Summer's way of highlighting our way of life and showing off the tool's of our trade!

When I'm in a ring I personally could'nt give a feck! who's holding onto the the leash! my only concern is what's at the bottom of it!

And I'll tell you what! I'll take your bet without compromising the competition!

"AlbertJ whats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand"

I'll bet you £100 that a 9 1/2 year old dog does'nt win the event (even if there is such a thing in the final, which I doubt???) The £100 pounds is yours and if I'm wrong? you donate £100 to BADA-UK the Lymes disease Charity

I've been over 44 years into working dogs and never showed favour to anyone except on the merit of their dogs

There seems to be an agenda here and it stinks! If there has been a problem with this event? and there has'nt! I've been at a lot more show's than usual this year and anyone at anytime could have came up to discuss the "FIVE NATIONS INTERNATIONAL WORKING TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP"

I think an apolgy is due to myself, everyone that entered, the qualifier judges, and the qualifiers themselves I don't!! and will not be involved in any competition that's fixed!!

Every dog and owner that qualified deserve's to be at Birr Castle representing their respective countries with pride

Yours in sport and always rember your terrier

Tom

Ps: Take the bet, put up or shut up!!

Edited by Foxgun Tom
  • Like 1

you hear the same fools at every show complaining about the judges and these same fools standing there with substandered dogs wondering why they have'nt being placed or they dont even show their dogs which give's them less reason to complain and they complain about the same people winning at different shows but the reason the people win is because they know how to keep a dog and keep a dog well.

Ditch,

This will be my last and only post on this particular matter, until after the final! I object strongly to the accusation that this final is fixed or compromised! its an attack on me personally,on my integrity and honesty as the organiser and senior judge! and for all those who took part in the competition to date! and those who have so far qualified

All qualifers went through stringent judging to qualify! and some had to go through more stringent judging than than other's!. All the qualifier judge's were terrier men of some standing and integrity which you insult as well?

How can you fix a final with three Judge's who don't know each other, can't confer at the final, and who are judging on a scorecard/points system

Not one Judge can decide on an ultimate winner, The winner will be deceided by winning points tallied up by an independant adutactor and witnessed plus verified!

My lifelong view is that show's are the Summer's way of highlighting our way of life and showing off the tool's of our trade!

When I'm in a ring I personally could'nt give a feck! who's holding onto the the leash! my only concern is what's at the bottom of it!

And I'll tell you what! I'll take your bet without compremising the competition!

"AlbertJ whats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand"

I'll bet you £100 that a 9 1/2 year old dog does'nt win the event (even if there is one in the final???) The £100 pounds is yours and if I'm wrong? you donate £100 to BADA-UK the Lymes disease Charity

I've been over 44 years into working dogs and never showed favour to anyone except on the merit of their dogs

There seems to be an agenda here and it stinks! If there has been a problem with this event? and there has'nt! I've been at a lot more show's than usual this year and anyone at anytime could have came up to discuss the "FIVE NATIONS INTERNATIONAL WORKING TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP"

I think an apolgy is due to myself, everyone that entered, the qualifier judges, and the qualifiers themselves I don't!! and will not be involved in any competition that's fixed!!

Every dog and owner that qualified deserve's to be at Birr Castle representing their respective countries with pride

Tom

Well Put Tom

Dogman has not only impugned your reputation ( as the Senior Judge and the only judge whose name has been published) but also of the other two judges whose names haven't even been published. I think he should give you and the other two guys an immediate apology for pre judging the result of an event that hasn't even had its final qualifier!

I have been organising shows for 32 years - this is my 44th event - and I have judged countless dog shows myself and I pride myself on running good competitions and fair competitions where genuinely anyone, if good enough, can win without fear of partiality or favouritism creeping in. The three judges involved, and in particular Tom Chalmers as senior judge, have my complete confidence.

As Tom knows when we discussed this competition the concept of three judges was not because we feared favouritism or unfair judging but to allow for different perspectives/opinions on the dogs AND to demonstrate that all dogs were judged fairly by not just one but three judges. Each judge will judge independently and the score cards collected and scrutinised by two experienced ring stewards.

If there is any of that bet going - I would like to take some of the action!

Albertj

Ditch,

And I'll tell you what! I'll take your bet without compremising the competition!

I'll bet you £100 that a 9 1/2 year old dog does'nt win the event (even if there is one in the final???) The £100 pounds is yours and if I'm wrong? you donate £100 to BADA-UK the Lymes disease Charity

Tom

Well Put Tom

Dogman has not only impugned your reputation ( as the Senior Judge and the only judge whose name has been published) but also of the other two judges whose names haven't even been published. I think he should give you and the other two guys an immediate apology for pre judging the result of an event that hasn't even had its final qualifier!

I have been organising shows for 32 years - this is my 44th event - and I have judged countless dog shows myself and I pride myself on running good competitions and fair competitions where genuinely anyone, if good enough, can win without fear of partiality or favouritism creeping in. The three judges involved, and in particular Tom Chalmers as senior judge, have my complete confidence.

As Tom knows when we discussed this competition the concept of three judges was not because we feared favouritism or unfair judging but to allow for different perspectives/opinions on the dogs AND to demonstrate that all dogs were judged fairly by not just one but three judges. Each judge will judge independently and the score cards collected and scrutinised by two experienced ring stewards.

If there is any of that bet going - I would like to take some of the action!

Albertj

hope it goes well , i will be there representing our club with my russell dog

Ditch,

listen you can check my post if you want concerning birr, over the last couple of years i criticised the terrier show to the last as i wasnt happy like a lot of other people about the judging plus they didnt surpport other shows. now albert contacted me and ask if id like a input into the terrier judge been there biggest critic. which i have plus he has put up prizes in a lot of shows in the south this year CHECK HIS POST i havent met the man yet i will do a birr and the judge i recomended is a top class terrierman he is well respected in the working dog seen i can assure you he wont be told what dog to pick