• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And another         Cheers.     Bill.

Some fantastic looking stocks on here and some great talent.   Would it be possible to use one of those dremel type tools with all the various attachments to carve out a gunstock from scratch, inclu

Hiya Mark.   Thank you me dear.   Yes it was a good job I had some to spare mate   Well I managed to get to the Range, and have a pop. She felt realy nice to hold and shoot, and it was good to

Posted Images

Hi guys, not air rifle related but im a regular on this forum, I'm looking at making a stock for a rusty single barrel shotgun my landowner is passing onto me, her husband used to use it on the land 16 years ago before he died, I'm hoping to restore the shotgun to its former glory and get it engraved with his name so I can shoot it on her land again as a present to her, I just don't have the money to get it done professionally so need some help, both the stock and the forehand grip needs to be replaced. I'm hoping I can do it as it looks like I'm going to have to pay out for it to be re barrelled and that's about all i can afford, I have time and dedication but I hope that's enough

Where's the best place to get wood and where the hell do I start?

9F069D59-35EF-411A-A2F7-7AD45692EFF3-130

D7A5A8D7-A7F0-488F-90E6-77E743D11ECF-130

243FED71-5EB7-48DB-BEB5-29ED317325F4-130

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well i have been following this post for a while now ... have to say Bill its nothing short of stunning :thumbs:

if that was your first attampt mate you should feel VERY proud of yourself ... as i know i would be if i could make something that looks half that good ..... well done mate on a brilliant job .... :toast:

a few more , lol th_midgephone003.jpgth_08042009225.jpgth_08042009229.jpgth_08042009228.jpgth_08042009231.jpgth_midgephone041.jpg

i know old post but thats mustard mate hows gravesend for shooting these days moved away 5 years ago was hunting the fields from denton to shorne fort since i was 10 greyhounds, ferretting , shooting, is the lake still there pal?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was my first successful stock.....

A blue, grey and silver laminate for my old Edgun Matador R3M. A friend did a very good job of the inletting for me.

I did the shaping and finishing. I like quite a chunky grip and, after a lot of messing about, I managed to get a really comfortable fit from this.

This stock put the center of balance just in front of the trigger.

post-102688-0-31553300-1459829715_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • IanB unpinned this topic