walking/digging boot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meindls.

IMO the best on the market.

I wouldnt go near le chameau if I were you. They are adequate if they are not doing much, But I have been out 2 weeks in a new job and there in pieces already (walking 8 hours a day through rank heather and forestry/clearfell).

My meindls on the other hand are spot on. :victory:

Lowas are supposed to be good, as are black islanders (buth the coating wears if going through heather).

Hope this helps.

last season i would have said the same mate, but ive had 2 pairs of meindle antatiks in 7 months same problems on both them lace hooks snapping or pulling out stud and all. ive had a old pair of hoggs for a lot of years and i realy rate them.

As far as I know Hoggs wont sell privately but you could try ringing them.Mind you when you send them back to be resoled their service is excellent. The proper name for fell boots is Shepard hill boots and they cost 180 euro here in Ireland. Cheap for a pair of boots that will do most lads most of their digging careers.

i was gonna put up the haix boots, never used them, but meant to be very very tough.

there are a few other chainsaw boots about as well.

i wear the haix every day, they are comfy and pretty tough, but digging makes the soles come off! designed for climbing trees not digging :laugh: , a pair lasts me about a year, im on my 4th now!

good job i dont buy them! cheers boss (on here) :feck:

Molie

Edited by Molie1337