The working terrier

Hi lads [bANNED TEXT] do you think of this book by plummer? Has anyone got it? if so what is it like? :hmm:

Reason being....im after a working terrier book and wondering which is the best???:clapper:

i've seen some books by different authors eg. "the working terrier yearbook" and "the modern working terrier"

Hope to here from you all....

Thanks Jason :signthankspin:

Edited by jason ov rez

Guest oldskool

i liked it mate,,, a good book for the begginner also the complete jack russell (it was my first ever book) if your not a begginner then i would go for harcombes or the foreign fella... danni penzitehy or whatever hes called lol... although his book was a bit lacking in 'relevant' hunting material...

Plummers working terrier started me off hunting. I was always obsessed with dogs and my mum bought me the book thinking it was just a dog book :D I think you should get Dave Harcombes book, also terrier books by Eddie Chapman and J.Darcy.......

Guest oldskool

well, in fairness, it depends a bit on what plummer books you buy... 'rogues and running dogs' etc are just story books but the likes of 'the complete lurcher' and 'the complete jack russell' or ' the sporting terrier' etc are a good guide, in my opinion :hmm: ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oldskool

i have that one too, the old and the new!! i liked them both but he passes a few comments about things that i dont agree with... he doesnt seem to like saluki/greyhounds much and in his terrier books he has passed silly comments like 'any terrier given the chance will work'... what did he mean by that??? i have had a lakeland kc registered pup from show stuff, its now about 5 years old and my girlfriend has it as a pet... every now and again i take it out for a walk with a spade over my shoulder and it never has showed the slightest interest in anythin other than rabbits... is that what he meant??? i dont really class that as being real terrier work!!!