MAP Scopes

Right then, buy one, it is as simple as that, highly recommended and makes life simple the operator (I'm all for that), the ones that Hawke do are supposed to be excelent value for money.

The lads on the universe are all genuine guys who are prepared to help one and all, a really good site for everything air rifle related............Al :thumbs-up:

Guest king ratcatcher

Hi guys, you know they say to use a pellet the weight of 16 - 16.5 grain, is this true ???? as i am using a pellet weighing 18 grain, and if possible i would like to keep using these as there giving the best accuracy over any other pellet ive tried :)

So do you reckon these 18 grainers im using will be ok with the map pro scope ?? :)

many thanks, lee .... :)

Edited by king ratcatcher

Hawke 3-9x40 Sport HD MAP on order :good:

looked at Deako's site only £54 but £8 p&p for Somerset. The cheapest I could find it was £54.95 + £3.95 p&p from airsportdirect.com

and that's a good point about the pellet weight, I'm using accupel's and their only 14.3 grains. by the looks of it though you just need to adjust the zoom to change the P.O.I

Edited by bullmastiff

Hi bullmastiff,you will not regret buying one i have the same scope,it was on my superten when i bought it then when i part exchanged the rifle for the AA S410 i could not bear to let it go.Cracking scope.All the best with yours mate :thumbs-up:

• 3 weeks later...

You'll never guess what I got for xmas???..... alright maybe you will, new scope turned up under the tree :clapper: , got it straight on the gun but only found an hour or two today to get it zero'd.

Should of been going to the races but my brother cancelled last minute, so thought bugger it, I'll go to the hunt meet but by the time the missus got off to work and I managed to bump start the volvo I'd missed the start and couldn't find em (no one seems to use CB's to keep in touch with each other anymore?) so got out and started playing with the new toy

Newscopeonrifle.jpg

HawkeScope.jpg

It's a nice looking scope with see through lens caps which should be useful

Best I could do with camera I've got, you can just about see the aim points

Mapreticule.jpg

had a mooch about once scope was zero'd, didn't get anything but it was still nice to get out and work off some turkey!!!

Edited by bullmastiff
Guest king ratcatcher

Looks nice mate, i got a hawke 3-9x50 map pro too, i put it on my 97k .177, i havent had a chance to try it yet, it says 15-30 yards, does this mean its flat from 15 to 30 ?? cant wait to get out and try it :)

Hiya KRC, I was going to go for the 50mm front lens as well (just because it looks nice!!!) but as almost all my shooting time I get is usually at night with a lamp it would make little differance to the amount of light captured so being a skin flint I went for the cheapest!!!!

I think a .177 pellet leaves the barrel so quick that it hasn't got time to be 'flicked' upwards as the barrel flex's (like a ruler on the edge of a work surface) so theres very little upwards arc above the line of aim.

Excuse the rough graphs but it's the best I could do in Paint!!!

trajectory.jpg

Hope this helps you out :good:

Guest king ratcatcher
Hiya KRC, I was going to go for the 50mm front lens as well (just because it looks nice!!!) but as almost all my shooting time I get is usually at night with a lamp it would make little differance to the amount of light captured so being a skin flint I went for the cheapest!!!!

I think a .177 pellet leaves the barrel so quick that it hasn't got time to be 'flicked' upwards as the barrel flex's (like a ruler on the edge of a work surface) so theres very little upwards arc above the line of aim.

Excuse the rough graphs but it's the best I could do in Paint!!!

trajectory.jpg

Hope this helps you out :good:

Thanks mate :)