VOMZ PNS-D-4,6*52 any body used one?

i've been offered a VOMZ PNS-D-4,6x52 nv rifle scope in exchange for my .410 hushpower,i'm after info on what there like and what are the effective ranges as it looks ok in the pics i've scene but knowing my look it'll be pants and i'll have let go of my beloved hushpower for a scope thats not fit for purpose!

if this isn't a very good scope is there any one else in lincolnshire with something better on offer?

any info would be greatly appreciated

atb gary

i've been offered a VOMZ PNS-D-4,6x52 nv rifle scope in exchange for my .410 hushpower,i'm after info on what there like and what are the effective ranges as it looks ok in the pics i've scene but knowing my look it'll be pants and i'll have let go of my beloved hushpower for a scope thats not fit for purpose!

if this isn't a very good scope is there any one else in lincolnshire with something better on offer?

any info would be greatly appreciated

atb gary

This is russian military scope, when work good is very good, with x1 pp3 battery. infa red light on scope is no good, no enuff power. if you get extra power infa red is very good scope for 100 metre an more.I have use for hunt also. To test if work correc,take scope into field or garden with no bulb light,turn scope on & infa red also, can you see white specle in scope? if can see like snow fall, scope fk! If see 25 metre ok, is good, no use torch, will fk lens.

here link, chat to man also. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/gallery/image/1132-night-vision-works-well/

Edited by clint

cheers for that mate, i've contacted davy he's giving me info about the scope i just need to find a decent but cheap laser ir illuminator now i don't suppose there is such a thing is there? the ones i've seen are all way over £100.

or if anyone want to swap a decent gen1 dedicated scope with laser ir or a cobra marlin add-on with laser ir for the following please contact me.

baikal hushpower .410, sling attached, neoprene stock cover holds 6 3" shells

79 x 3" subsonics

open loop canvas and leather cartridge belt

napier roll up slip

bore snake

lamping kit, flashlight with pressure switch and bracket to mount on 25mm scope plus ones to attach it to the moderator of the .410

2 x snap caps

cheers gary

post-44196-064040000 1281130493_thumb.jpg

post-44196-085901300 1281130510_thumb.jpg

post-44196-096114100 1281130525_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Personally I would not buy any of the ex-eastern block NV stuff for one simple and legitimate reason - Horrendous ignorance to radiation shielding - the Russians didnt give to shakes about the safety of their troops when developing and issuing any of their NV kit and as such the tubes give off radiation at a level way above the world guide lines for safe levels - brain tumour - eye damage - get something else. We were told about this issue when I was in Army. My health is more important than an overpriced pice of russian crap thats 60 years old!

Hell even the original 'starlight' scopes are from the Vietnam era and they go for silly money, better off buying modern kit, smaller size less weight, safe to your health and only a few quid more.