new army shovel

kurgan

has any one used one of these, im in the army so ive dug a few holes theres a knife blade down the side for hacking ungrowth and a saw on the other you can also angle the whole thing so i turns into a pick ,i use them a lot as most of the places i ferret are headge rows or b*****d bushes on golf courses ,i can get my hands on a few i anyone is willing to pay the postage ,wont be back from Bosnia till March so best pm me after chrismas.

I keep one in the bottom of my kit. Locked sideways, they make a decent enough scraper. Every once in a while they fill the gap between a yoho and a real shovel. The only time they're good for digging serious holes is when you have the added incentive of incoming rounds. 'Course then you can dig a decent hole with your fingernails. :)

They also come in handy if you have to take a dump in the woods. :whistle:

years ago we use buldog shovels and grafts ,i like ametal shaft non breakable etc , im getting some from amate who uses them for doing driveways etc hes got a mini digger now all the best , dug some fech ove holes 11 feet etc under trees when i ferreted down the scottish borders years back ive had to dig all day for my rabbs some days all the best

There is a massive design fault in army folding shovels..They are perfectly designed to snap the moment you hit a root with the blade. In the middle of the night. In Wales. In the pissing rain.Just as your headtorch battereis need replacing..Not exactly productive to someone with such a calm relaxed outlook on life such as me...

• 5 months later...
Guest little_lloyd

I have one of them. I was digging ot a layed up jill once and before i got to it the jill came out with a look on here face to say hurry the f**k up :laugh::laugh:

I personly would stick to a proper jobby :yes:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
The only time they're good for digging serious holes is when you have the added incentive of incoming rounds. 'Course then you can dig a decent hole with your fingernails. :)

:rofl::good:

Guest ceredigion bull cross
Have a look on B & F website.....they got some nice ones on there....not expensive either

b+f blue shovel is not very strong ........ i managed to snap one in two :hmm: