Sign in to follow this  
kurgan

new army shovel

has any one used one of these, im in the army so ive dug a few holes theres a knife blade down the side for hacking ungrowth and a saw on the other you can also angle the whole thing so i turns into a pick ,i use them a lot as most of the places i ferret are headge rows or b*****d bushes on golf courses ,i can get my hands on a few i anyone is willing to pay the postage ,wont be back from Bosnia till March so best pm me after chrismas.

Guest Frank

Agree, they are not really up for the job of diging deep holes.

I find this below good at the moment. ;)

Frank.

Guest JOEB

Have a look on B & F website.....they got some nice ones on there....not expensive either

I keep one in the bottom of my kit. Locked sideways, they make a decent enough scraper. Every once in a while they fill the gap between a yoho and a real shovel. The only time they're good for digging serious holes is when you have the added incentive of incoming rounds. 'Course then you can dig a decent hole with your fingernails. :)

They also come in handy if you have to take a dump in the woods. :whistle:

years ago we use buldog shovels and grafts ,i like ametal shaft non breakable etc , im getting some from amate who uses them for doing driveways etc hes got a mini digger now all the best , dug some fech ove holes 11 feet etc under trees when i ferreted down the scottish borders years back ive had to dig all day for my rabbs some days all the best

them fold up spades on this topic are a load of shit i bought one a while back but it bent in half :no:

There is a massive design fault in army folding shovels..They are perfectly designed to snap the moment you hit a root with the blade. In the middle of the night. In Wales. In the pissing rain.Just as your headtorch battereis need replacing..Not exactly productive to someone with such a calm relaxed outlook on life such as me...

Guest the poacher

in my own oppinion i think they are shit get your self a tidy digging spade i.e a bulldog etc

Guest little_lloyd

I have one of them. I was digging ot a layed up jill once and before i got to it the jill came out with a look on here face to say hurry the f**k up :laugh::laugh:

I personly would stick to a proper jobby :yes:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
The only time they're good for digging serious holes is when you have the added incentive of incoming rounds. 'Course then you can dig a decent hole with your fingernails. :)

:rofl::good:

Guest ceredigion bull cross
Have a look on B & F website.....they got some nice ones on there....not expensive either

b+f blue shovel is not very strong ........ i managed to snap one in two :hmm: