new female finnish

picking my female finnish goshawk up on thursday, she is being shipped over from ireland, she is a p/r bird,

she was bred from an imprint female who is mick kane bred and topped out at 2LB 15oz hunting weight, the dad is not known for certian but it is either from a 50/50 male, or two finnish males, by artificial insemination,

her sister is currently on the creance at 2LB 13oz.

photo of her mum.

this is the mum

post-18160-070122500 1280758592_thumb.jpg

Nice Bird Josh

Bred by Keith Barker in Ireland, Its not 100% Guaranteed to be Pure Finnish Josh as he has mentioned to you, it could well have come off 3 different males which isn't a problem as it will be a decent bird either way! but I thought all this time you was looking for a small female such as a german........

if its pure or not you'll still have some fun with it from some decent lines :thumbs: .

Jasp

Nice Bird Josh

Bred by Keith Barker in Ireland, Its not 100% Guaranteed to be Pure Finnish Josh as he has mentioned to you, it could well have come off 3 different males which isn't a problem as it will be a decent bird either way! but I thought all this time you was looking for a small female such as a german........

if its pure or not you'll still have some fun with it from some decent lines :thumbs: .

Jasp

hi jasper

thats right the father could be either a 50/50 or one of two pure finnish males,

should have some good fun.

atb

josh

You did right taking up a P/R bird josh! the reason I delayed telling you this Imprint finn x germ was available was because these imprints do my head in as I'm sure it would have you in the end. I'm a bit of a Hypocrite as I have lots of the bloody things but not for a flying point of view......

I'll pull the female I kept back after the school holidays when the kids go back, I wish it was a male to be honest as it was a male off this particular bird I wanted, its a old original Bob Haddon line hitting the 4lb mark in the aviary, a pal had a male off her last year which came out of the aviary at 9 weeks 2lb 3 oz and looks lovely this year going through the moult, this was him last year as imature bird....

You'll get a good honest bird off Keith which will be P/R properly, I'm pretty friendly with the guy who is in partnership with him on the pair he has, they're both gents and are as honest as you'll get which is hard to come by these days.....

Keep us posted how things go

Jasper

post-251-063057300 1280769022_thumb.jpg

post-251-033438500 1280769036_thumb.jpg

yes true mate, many folk have told me to get an imprint but iv seen what they can do.

you look like your going to have a big female if thats a male, and yes spoke to keith on the phone he seems honest enough, most lads nowadays wud of advertised her as full finnish even if theres a chance of a 50/50 dad!

atb with you bird mate, keep in touch and ill keep you updated on my progress with the gos.

take care

josh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get some pictures up Josh of them Rabbits you've been taking with the bird, it'll be nice to see how she's coming on.

Just Pulled a genuine P/R Finn the sister to a pals male also on this thread last saturday 14weeks old. I started reducing her food intake a good week before while she was on her own in the aviary and managed to get her on the scales the days after I kitted her out when she had settled, she was Hooded and weighed a Honest genuinly well empty tad over 3lb 3 1/2 shitting green, she's now feeding nicely on the fist at 2lb 14 1/2 but still plenty of work needed in the Manning and with the Hood as expected...

just a couple of pictures when she was first taken up! and look she's on a bow perch :D.....

I'll get some more pictures of her up on the glove soon

Jasper

post-251-020131900 1284752770_thumb.jpg

post-251-056487900 1284752789_thumb.jpg

The other guy who took the sister has his feeding sensibly on the fist in all situations now at 2lb 12.

We'll have some sport soon pal :thumbs:. when you're over next we'll go on a mission with the birds again and have some time out with the Rifles too...

She's a nice bird Rosselle but as you know I like the males and not keen on big females. It will be good to see your third season male this year, somehow I don't think he will be taking many prisoners......