Guest what a flight

Ill tell you whats happening mik,once you get agencys like the woodland trust,national trust managing prime woodland,the first thing they do is start chopping out all the cover and thinning the woods,putting footpaths everywhere :no: then they call it a nature reserve :sick: ,but having walked round these sanotised woodlands you'll quickly work out once all you'll see is the grey squirrels,magpies,crows and other corvids that its become a vermin reserve,all there doing is helping the pest species speed up the other birds decline........

W A F............

You're right there WAF. There's a spot near me that used to be excellent for nesting/birdwatching when I was a kid and the last time I was up there it's all pathed over and cleaned and fenced and they were advertising for a wildlife rangers job. There's nowt there but magpies and badgers and it's now called a nature reserve. There were 10 times more species there when it was left alone.

Ill tell you whats happening mik,once you get agencys like the woodland trust,national trust managing prime woodland,the first thing they do is start chopping out all the cover and thinning the woods,putting footpaths everywhere :no: then they call it a nature reserve :sick: ,but having walked round these sanotised woodlands you'll quickly work out once all you'll see is the grey squirrels,magpies,crows and other corvids that its become a vermin reserve,all there doing is helping the pest species speed up the other birds decline........

W A F............

WAF you are absolutely correct.....wildlife thrives on neglect and these so-called "managed" woodlands are sterile....

yes w a f once the so called experts get their way they can feck the wildlife right up they thought they would tidy up some woodland near me and make it more accessible to the public .They put new paths all over draged out and burnt the fallen trees and felled the dead trees and some of none native trees yes the experts really know how to improve wildlife habitat .

Best one I've been in was when I did a few days in Milton Keynes. Went for a walk in the local wood at lunchtime, they'd actually laid tarmac on all the paths and fenced the trees off in enclosures, (like they were going to run away!). Plenty of maggies and not much of owt else...........

Guest chilli

mik the deer were u are might not damage the trees but they do down here mate . the muntys an chinese eat the bark of trees leaveing them open to infection i shall get some picvs of it if you like ?