Titan PCP - are they any good?

I'm sure a friend of mine owns a Titan 'Manitou' or something along those lines.

Jeez was it loud without the Hogan Decimeater :yes:

He then got a Spitzer pellet mould and cast his own lead "Air Bullets" for want of a better word.

Deadly Accurate it is. Dont think its a FAC job though, but according to his crono, it sure was very close!

Phantom

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers lads.

Bought a Falcon fn19 on a FAC & well pleased. :thumbs:

The only down side is that it's not that quiet, so I plan to fit a better moderator...any suggestions on make that would best suit gun?

I also notice that some people recommend fitted de-twangers. What do you think?

When fitted will it completely stop that annoying "Twang" or just reduce the noise?

Where can I get a de-twanger from?

Cheers

Cheers lads.

Bought a Falcon fn19 on a FAC & well pleased. :thumbs:

The only down side is that it's not that quiet, so I plan to fit a better moderator...any suggestions on make that would best suit gun?

I also notice that some people recommend fitted de-twangers. What do you think?

When fitted will it completely stop that annoying "Twang" or just reduce the noise?

Where can I get a de-twanger from?

Cheers

Titan Manitou = Falcon FN19 there is hardly any difference.

Tha Manitou was the forunner of the FN19.

I have had my Titan for over 10 years and wouldnt swap it.

As Chimp has said its a single shot .22 but its done me proud over the years I have had it and accounted for lots of 'game'

On the chrony with Air Arms field it gives out 11.8 ft/lb

FAC versions have to be factory altered as there is very little adjustment on power.

On 'max' I recon you can get about 14 ft/lb.

To take to FAC the action has to be altered and this is not reversible!

I have a Parker Hale moderator on it and 'down shot' it its as quiet as any other PCP

You do get a bit of 'hammer noise' but I recon if I could afford to send it to John Bowkett and get a blueprint job on it he could cure allsorts!!!

Mental note save up!!

I may well do a refinish on the stock soon to get rid of the factory shine but as I say I recon its a cracking rifle.

Edited by masmiffy

Hi guys,Sorry for any confusion. When I asked about the "detwanger" I was refering to the anti-resonance damper that stops the air resonating in the air receiver when the gun is fired.

& yes before I googled a solution to my Falcon "twang" I also thought a detwanger for a pcp was odd!

See below..........just to prove it's not me making this up!

http://falconowners.wonko.myfastforum.org/archive/detwanger__o_t__t_3719.html

Edited by NewBarnFerrets
  • Like 1

Out of interest.......I've now sourced a detwanger from Elmor Fudd off this site.

He makes detwanger's & comes highly recommended from the falcon owners forum.

So if you have a Falcon rifle that has an annoying twang when you fire it & it's not the noise of the hammer but air resonating in the air receiver you know who to contact! :thumbs:

They are £12 including Recorded P&P

Hello Matey,

I have an FN19 FAC lighthunter, I fitted a de-twanger from John Cooper and a Weirhauch Silencer, it is deadly accurate and very quiet.

You have to set the de-twanger with the hole facing towards the charging port and push as far down the air chamber as possible, I used a snooker cue with tip, saved damaging de-twanger. They do work on the FN19's.

Well worth it.

John...

hi ive ownd quite a few titans and they have all worked fine never any trouble totally reliable cosistent and very accurate even though they are a few years old now the could easily match most of todays pcp for power and accuracy very nice pieces of kit atb jim

Out of interest.......I've now sourced a detwanger from Elmor Fudd off this site.

He makes detwanger's & comes highly recommended from the falcon owners forum.

So if you have a Falcon rifle that has an annoying twang when you fire it & it's not the noise of the hammer but air resonating in the air receiver you know who to contact! :thumbs:

They are £12 including Recorded P&P

Spot on mate will be getting one as soon as I have some spare cash!! :notworthy: